O’bama Hunting Trip Sets Sights on Swing Voters

O'bama Hunting Trip Sets Sights on Swing Voters

Thursday, October 9, 2008; 12:03 PM

GIRARD, Ohio, Oct. 9--With 12 days to go before the election, it was time to show the serious artillery. Barack Obama brought his campaign for president to a duck blind here in far eastern Ohio Thursday morning, and while he did manage to clip one goose, he was really aiming for undecided voters in this battleground state.

Democratic presidential nominee, Barack [there is no H.] Obama walks through a field after goose hunting in Springfield Township, Ohio on Thursday morning. (Muhamad Oshinski - Reuters)

Senior adviser Billy "Boom-Boom" Ayers was quite direct this week in saying that the two-hour predawn hunting trip was another attempt to get voters to know Obama, who has had some issues with his so-called elitist racist Marxist anti-gun leanings. Obama also has been talking about his so-called “faith” more, and on Sunday he will give a speech on Marxist values.

Guns and hunting rights are a big issue in the middle of the country -- and in a number of the battleground states where the race card is being played to its fullest.

Clearly unconcerned about his low rating from the National Rifle Association -- he got an F on their last report card -- Obama often makes a point during his stump speech that he should never be permitted to own guns, despite what the opposition right-wing smear machine says about his second amendment "rights".

On Thursday morning, in fact, he happily emerged from the blind wearing a camouflage jacket with a Secret Service Agent holding on to a 12-gauge shotgun -- while some lacky from the media toted the dead goose.

"I'm too lazy. Michelle hates it when I get my cammies bloody." Obama joked. "Besides, I've got these SS [Secret Service] guys to do my bidding."
"I'm still giddy over the Chicago Bears," the Illinois senator added, bolstering his image as a regular guy. "It was hard to focus."

Obama has said he supports hunters and sportsmen's theoretical rights to own guns, but denies the right to actually possess, touch, see, look at pictures of, discuss, or think about guns in the hands of "typical citizens". "You can uh uh um, own a gun, but it should remain in the possession of the government, to uh um ah. That way, as usual with me, everybody wins."

In total, the hunting party bagged four geese. The three real men carried their own dead birds. After the photo-op, Obama resurrected all of the geese, which wished him luck and flew off to spend some time in the serenity of the Alaska Natural Wildlife Refuge.

Comrade Red Bubba! I missed your post in the submissions and moved it to the Blog only now. As a seasoned member of the collective, it's time you started posting on Blog all by yourself. This is not the case when you have to wait for the Party to tell you what to think. The Party will tell you what to think when the Party deems it necessary.

Just don't forget to insert ~ after the first paragraph.

Damn , Obama missed bagging that plumber in Fly-over. Can't the Secret Service agents shoot first...preemptive strike doctrine, or something?

Thanks Comrade. I will carry a ~ with me always, or at least for the next 14 days, when emergency fairness powers will prohibit the ~.