Oscars 2020: Cruises for Me, but not for Thee

Cruises.jpg

[PROG OFF]

For those who don't know (I certainly didn't), the 92nd Academy Awards, better known as the Oscars, will take place tomorrow, February 9th. It's honestly an empty spectacle at this point. It used to be that cinema was art, now it's the 163rd edition of some washed out superhero flick or blatant political propaganda without any redeeming value. I don't know anybody who seriously watches it.

Before I continue on, let me tell you something: the state of cinema truly is bad. It's the worst it's ever been! If you don't believe I'm qualified enough to say this, I'm sure that you'll agree that the genius director Martin Scorcese is, when he wrote this op-ed for the NYT about the state of cinema. Every once in a while, a great film will be produced, but instead of being celebrated for the art it is, it's cast aside in favor of said superhero flicks or political propaganda. It truly is sad, and speaks to the quality of Hollywood and the greed and character of the Hollywood elite, who are so unwiliing to take even tiny chances that they keep on ordering superhero movie after superhero movie, safe political propaganda film after safe political propaganda film.

The Oscars are known for their luxe gift bags, often valued at over 100,000 dollars. This year's bag, valued at a cool 225,000 dollars, includes an Antarctic cruise.

Isn't that great? These Hollywood celebrities, who have completely lost their relevance in modern culture, get to go on a trip that many hard-working Americans, hell, hard-working people could only dream of. Politics is the new Hollywood, anybody who's with it cares about Ted Cruz more than Tom Cruise nowadays, yet these celebrities are still living their big box-office lifestyles.

For years, Hollywood has claimed to be about the environment, but such a trip would doubtless use thousands of pounds of jet fuel, and most of that fuel would be burned in private jets. Even more fuel would be used powering the diesel engines that are present in nearly all large non-military motorized craft. All to go to their Mecca-on-southpole, and to take a bevy of Instagram photos and write dozens of vacuous tweets, all of which will be forgotten in the noise of social media. Mind you this is on top of the already hundreds of thousands of pounds of fuel these ivy tower (or is it holly tower?) residents use every year jet-setting all over the world in the lap of luxury. I wonder how the various animals of the Antarctic would react to seeing a ship full of pompous, full-of-themselves celebrities?

Look what they do! They preach X, but do Y. They advocate for the environment, but they are the most active destroyers of it. They tell everybody to be themselves, yet they are the salesmen of conformity! They leave 5,000+ square foot mansions to go on free cruises, while they tell you to stay at home to save the environment and economy, and wish you had nothing more than a little tiny shack or sardine can apartment to go home to. These celebrities and Hollywood pedophile elites are more than traitors, they are sheep in wolves' clothing!

Many people see the Oscars, and other award shows, as nothing more than shells of their former selves. Nothing could be further from the truth. They have evolved from the recognition of true talent, to the glorification and self-satisfaction of our self-appointed elite. As the Impeachment is to Washington DC, the Oscars are to Hollywood.

It's their time to be in that greatest of spotlights, and to attempt to beat it into the heads of the world that they are your superiors, they are your leaders, you should not think for yourselves, you should let them think for you. They reinforce this with their culture they vomit onto our laps - they portray individualists as mass shooters or creeps, families as cheesy, sappy vestiges of the past, and intelligence as stupidity. Forget Orwell, to Hollywood, ignorance really is strength!

Well, you know what? I'm not having it, and neither are millions of people throughout the world. I would like to annouce on the behalf of my fellow Americans and other populist patriots that are fighting across the globe that we reject the elitist, globalist agenda that the Oscars is simply a tentacle of. For so long, for too long we have been told the same thing over and over again from so many of these tentacles: we know what's best for you, shut up and take it. No, it is not them, the globalist elite, that knows what's best for us, WE the Patriots, the Brexiteers, THE PEOPLE know what's best for us!

forelock tug, Comrade Stierlitz.

Once the Creator endowed spirit is decimated, all art becomes ugly and stupid.
In the 80's, Bart Simpson led the way to be a proud illiterate under achiever - and proud of it. How cool was that? As a former middle school remedial reading teacher, 'pelipsky considered Bart the greatest threat to the community. On reflection, the greatest threat to the community was Homer, the illiterate father, incapable of teaching a moral lesson to his children because he didn't really know the moral principles himself due to the intellectual decline of education bent on defining deviancy down and eradicating the art of beauty and inspiration.

Jackalopelipsky
#BR 549

We don't know who will get the Oscars, but many are guaranteed to get Golden Goebbels Award for Outstanding Gov't Propaganda.

The more equal comrades deserve a break. Saving the planet is hard work. Now back to the tractor barn to meet the next glorious quota of spline shafts.

Well to be fair...the ship is going there any ways...and...it is ECO-tourism...so it is ECO-good...and...what Comrade Jenkem said.

Most Progressives would demand an electric-boat cruise, but some un-progressively would prefer a cruise ship powered by combustion:

--KOOK

I have heard that the next cruises will be powered by galley rowers. Whether these will be drawn from gallant open-border crossers (such as those who now care for the mansions, pools, and grounds) or deplorable Trump voters is now under discussion.

RedDiaperette wrote:I have heard that the next cruises will be powered by galley rowers. Whether these will be drawn from gallant open-border crossers (such as those who now care for the mansions, pools, and grounds) or deplorable Trump voters is now under discussion.

Bernie's The People's Yacht (formerly Bill Gate's Hydrogen-Powered Yacht seized by Bernie Sanders and AOC a.k.a. Alexandra Ocasio-Cortez "For The People"):

With AOC positioned on the top of Bernie's The People's Yacht while chasing Michael Bloomberg's fossil-fueled yacht, Captain Bernie gallantly commands the crew:

"OarsMen/OarsWomyn/OarsBeings, this is the Captain -- I want flank speed NOW -- How do you expect AOC, Wonder-Woman though she is, to jump aboard Michael Bloomberg's fossil-fuel powered yacht to stop & frisk him and then arrest him for insufficient zeal in embracing our Green New Deal?"

--KOOK