Rand Paul vetoes Trump's border emergency declaration

[img]/images/various_uploads/Rand_Paul_Fire_Wait_Authorize.jpg[/img]

In a bold, principled move, esteemed statesman and junior Senator of Kentucky, Rand Paul stands against Trump's coercive National Emergency Declaration. The Declaration clearly denies Congressional Right to virtue signal by arguing about the money instead of actual performance of duty. Sen. Paul fervently stands on the principle of money against POTUS' attempt to FORCE Congress to perform, or get checked and balanced.

[highlight=#NaNNaNNaN]Rand Paul Stands Against Trump's Coercion To Perform Constitutional Duties[/highlight]

I can't vote to give the president the power to spend money that hasn't been appropriated by Congress. We may want more money for border security, but Congress didn't authorize it. If we take away those checks and balances, it's a dangerous thing.
‘That' power in the hands of a power-crazed Chief Executive Officer like Trump/Hitler is dangerous! Where is Congress' right of conscience granted in the Constitution to effectively use arguments about money as the means to NOT to perform other constitutionally assigned duties?

The CHECKS!!!!??? Those BALANCES!!!???

This oppression must not be allowed to stand, man. Like at the Alamo, “Over this line, you do not cross”...or something like that. I stand with RAND!™

If all goes by the five year plan, in 2020 we can

"Give BETO the power to VETO! "

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:If all goes by the five year plan, in 2020 we can

"[highlight=#ffff00]Give BETO the power to VETO[/highlight]! "
Honorable Ambassador to Texazistan, we are 'that' close to the Glorious World of Next Tuesday. I can feel the hope tingling in my antlers that the evil Trump/Hitler will be deposed and dispatched soon...especially here in Texazistan. Resist we much! How can the jr. Senator maintain those campaign donation checks coming in so he can work for us little people with Trump/Hitler settling the whole money argument? The TYRANNY is just off the charts!!Also, go here to donate to Rand so he can continue his fight to stop Government Surveillance of Citizens...unless said citizen is campaigning for office.

Indeed we must protect the checks and balances, as long as the checks to our campaign funds the people's treasury are large enough. Meanwhile, why do we even discuss "reasons" for thwarting the Evil Orange One? The only reason necessary is ... Trump.

When there is a war going on and we are the invading force, it is critically important to make the invaded population think that there is no war and they should maintain peace and abide by the rules of peaceful life.

Double kudos to their delusional politicians who pretend there is no war and no emergency, and continue to obstruct any effort to defend the country.

This is how communists win. Every time.

Move-along-nothing-to-see-here.jpg

Congress tried! And for that effort should at least get a participation trophy. Why, Congress approval rating has skyrocketed to what, 21%.

So then,..... as jackalopelipsky asks,
....does Congress have a right of conscience granted in the Constitution to effectively use arguments about money as the means to NOT to perform other constitutionally assigned duties? Talk about opening up a big can of worms here………

..I shutter to think that an entire population of illegals will essentially be left to wander alone in the wilderness or be chained to the rear bumper of petroleum belching SUV freedom suppressing MAGA supporter.…..