Relax, Everybody, Islam is Peaceful!

To prove that Islam is peaceful and that Mohamed Osman Mohamud is yet another Muslim terrorist bent on killing as may infidels as possible misunderstood loner, the Corvallis Islamic Center in Oregon has released the following statement:

Statement from Corvallis Islamic Center

“Salman Alfarisi Islamic Center and the entire Muslim Community of the Corvallis are outraged by the news of a teenage individual being involved in a plot to bomb the tree lighting event in Portland, Oregon. Such conduct does not in any way represent Islam or Muslims, rather it goes against it. In Islam, one finds no justification whatsoever for any form of a violent act against civilians even during wars and Salman Alfarisi Islamic Center and all its members vehemently condemn such abhorred plot and all other forms of Terrorism and Extremism and we are grateful to God that no one got hurt.

One should not take an incident or few incidents and enlarge them to include everyone, but should realize that these incidents were done by individuals who should be accountable for their actions. If those individuals happen to be from a certain race, country or faith, one should not blame or accuse everyone from that race or faith for the crime. One should never generalize or judge all people for the words or actions of only a few of them.

What is proper is to identify the accused with reference to his act, and not to his nationality, faith, or race. Stereotyping or generalizing is prohibited in Islam, “No soul shall be responsible for the actions of others.“(Holy Quran 35:18)

We denounce this horrible plot in the strongest terms and repudiate all those who commit such acts of mindless violence in the name of Islam. Islam is a religion of peace and these acts are not the legitimate acts of Muslims.”

You see, comrades, Islam is peaceful. Young Mohamed's views stand in stark contrast to the peaceful admonitions of the Qur'an like, "And the Jews say: Uzair (Ezra) is the son of Allah; and the Christian say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!" Only a disturbed, Bible believing fundamentalist would twist that passage into an endorsement of violence.

Mohammed Osman Mohammed isn't even muslim. Based on his middle name, it's apparent he's a Mormon.

Comrades,

This is yet another example of "cross pollination" of languages. Their was no specific word for "Allah" in Hebrew or Aramaic.

The Arabic term "allah" was then imported as a designator into both languages, which is a common practice.

Another example is there is no word in French for "parking lot". The term they use is called a "Frog's Leg" it is "le parking lot".

I feel so much better. It is apparent that the Muslim community is actively seeking to put an end to the activities of misguided youth who seek to acquire explosives.

Colonel 7.62 wrote:I feel so much better. It is apparent that the Muslim community is actively seeking to put an end to the activities of misguided youth who seek to acquire explosives.

Just who are you calling "misguided"?

Have you forgotten the Islamo-Fascist/Paleo-Stalinist Alliance? How else will we defeat the evil Capitalists and convert them into Capitolists?

--Kommisar of Fatwas

Mohammed Mohammed... such an unusual name, is it not? Well, I must say, of course they are peaceful. We all know the Mooslimics are peaceful peoples, it is only all the other people in the world who are the problem. What the Mooslimics leaders need is an articulate, outspoken person like Jesse Jackasson to speak up for them. He has done so much for race relations here, I wonder if he'd consider becoming Mooslimic to help them out too?

Apparently what is needed is a new fatwa making a fatwader . . or whatever.

Comrade Whoopie, you made me laugh so hard I almost pulled the ax out of your cap. Mormon? chuckle chuckle

Two things:

I forgot to reference my quote. It's Sura 9:30 taken word for word from my English Qur'an with parallel Arabic text. I don't speak Arabic, so I have to trust the Muslim translators did their job faithfully. Apparently that verse has gotten some traction, because pro-Muslim web sites that quote it are making an effort to soften it. I remember reading about a Muslim scholar who pointed out that jihad merely means struggle, so one could have a jihad against eating too much chocolate. See? Ha, ha, ha, we thought jihad had violent connotations. What ignorant, paranoid westerners we are. Seems like we heard similar stuff from the old USSR.

Secondly, are this young man's teeth white enough to be an Osman(d)? I mean, Donny's teeth are second only to Biden's in blinding whiteness.

Muslim Damage Control wrote:
Only a disturbed, Bible believing fundamentalist would twist that passage into an endorsement of violence.
They couldn't help but take a swipe, could they?

Komissar Blogunov wrote:
Two things:

I forgot to reference my quote. It's Sura 9:30 taken word for word from my English Qur'an with parallel Arabic text. I don't speak Arabic, so I have to trust the Muslim translators did their job faithfully. Apparently that verse has gotten some traction, because pro-Muslim web sites that quote it are making an effort to soften it. I remember reading about a Muslim scholar who pointed out that jihad merely means struggle, so one could have a jihad against eating too much chocolate. See? Ha, ha, ha, we thought jihad had violent connotations. What ignorant, paranoid westerners we are. Seems like we heard similar stuff from the old USSR.

Secondly, are this young man's teeth white enough to be an Osman(d)? I mean, Donny's teeth are second only to Biden's in blinding whiteness.
I must admit yourmy ignorance in these matters, loyal comrade. I did know know it just meant struggle. I was thinking it meant "we're going to hunt you down like dirty dogs and cut your head off". Yes, I did. And now I see the err of my thinking. I am now humbly proud to say I have a jihady with chocolate, those chocolate Kristy Kreme donuts with little sprinkles, McDonald's double cheese burger and fries, Braums double chocolate chocolate ice cream and the People's Vodka.

Let's all hear it for JIHADY.

KOMMENTING OUT OF KARACTER
I realize that Red Square has (justifiably) cautioned us against posting too many "out of character" comments, but I I beg indulgence for this one. I am, after all, KOOK (Kommenting Out Of Karacter).

I have good friends who are Muslim. In one family, the father has repeatedly served as an advisor/patricipant in training exercises conducted by our military for troops awaiting deployment to Afghanistan. He's received numerous commendations from the military. (His daughter and son have likewise served.) Regarding differences such as between "Sunni" and "Shiia," he points to the sky and says, "There's more than one path to know Allah or God." He is an enlightened person. He's put his body where his beliefs are. His wife is likewise an enlightened person.

I know all of us (including my Muslim friends) wish more Muslims who are thus enlightened would be more pro-active, but thus far, every Muslim with whom I've become friends is likewise enlightened and has views the same as mine with respect to the fundamentalist fanatics. What we need are more fatwas condemning fatwas. We need more Muslims to wage enlightened jihad against the fanatics whose barbarity has virtually eclipsed the meaning of "jihad" as it exists in the minds of enlightened Muslims.

Just as I think it's inane political correctness for Leftists to insist that terrorists who are Muslims merely be identified as "terrorists" -- no "disaster-causing-humans"-- I also think it's unfair to use Muslim as a synonym for terrorist rather than correctly describing them as "Muslim terrorists" or "Islamic Terrorists." Eric Rudolph is a "Christian terrorist," not a "Christian."

Do I think Muslim extremism/fundamentalism is a HUGE problem that far too many in our country prefer to ignore? Absolutely. Have I always followed my own views? No. Like everyone, I often fall short of my own standards. So, I don't mean this to seem "preachy." Even in satire, introspection can be a good thing. Just one good friend communicating across the 'net with other good friends.

--KOOK

Komissar Blogunov wrote:Image
Two things:

And I had a Muslim friend who said " The greatest Jihad is against yourself."So, THAT'S why they blow themselves up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJqAqHZ ... r_embedded

Born to Jihad

Get your bomber vest on
Head out to the bus stop
Lookin' for civilians
And seventy two virgins
Yeah Allah goin' make it happen
Religion of Peace embrace
Fire all of my bombs at once
And explode into pieces

I like smoke and bombing
Heavy metal shrapnel
Hands on the trigger
And the infidels I kill
Yeah Allah goin' make it happen
Religion of Peace embrace
Fire all of my bombs at once
And explode into pieces

Like a true Islam child
We were born, born to Jihad
We can blow so high
I'll never ask why

Born to Jihad
Born to Jihad

Komrade Groucho Marx! You are wonderful collective asset, may your beets multiply!

I must give much credit to the beet, frequently.

You can hear it too.

Well I for one love being lectured to by the local muslim community spokesperson, about how we must not believe what we see and that violent, hateful behavior by a given token muslim has absolutely NOTHING, repeat nothing to do with islam!! Never mind all those bothersome commandments about slaying the unbelievers, smite at their necks, strike terror in their hearts, the only guaranteed way to paradise is to kill infidels in the name of Allah, etc, etc, etc. These passages simply don't exist, as the local peace loving imam kindly pointed out. It is so soothing to hear, and makes a comrade feel so very hopeful that yes <sniff>, perhaps if we westerners can just give up our bigotry and hatred, then perhaps we could "all just get along" and live in peace and harmony with our new islamic masters <sniffle>.

KT

For more on the reality of Islam, I would refer my comrades to the Voice of the Martyrs website. While there are nominal Muslims and non-militant Muslims, Islam itself is utterly destructive to everything good which is why there is little to no liberty or progress in countries and regions of countries where Islam dominates. I was talking with an Iranian friend who is a convert to Christianity from Shia Islam. He's well informed on most everything philosophical and theological. In conversation, I mentioned that supporters of Marxism claim it's a beautiful system, it just hasn't been implemented properly with the right people yet. He told me that many Muslims say the exact same thing about Islam. Maybe both systems of thought are just that fundamentally flawed.