Remember, the Glass is Half Full (of Beet Vodka)

OK, it's finally time for me to be positive and find the silver lining in the all-encompassing cloud of ObamaDarkness. So here goes:

As more and more of us are laid off, as more businesses collapse due to the costs of Obamacare and higher taxes, those among us who believe that the glass is half full (of beet vodka) will realize that -

a) what an opportunity to share recipes! It's not going to be easy to make do with potatoes and beets, but the soviets did it for decades - and we have, right here in our midst, our good friend Red Square who experienced the soviet version of our good fortune! Perhaps a not-quite-fully-sprouted potato mixed with just the right old shoe leather gravy could become a dinner to remember! Don't forget to buy up the ketchup and mustard before the shelves are bare!

b) the opportunity for fellowship and neighborhood camaraderie will be unprecedented, as we gather together in small apartments, warming our hands over a shared (evil incandescent) light bulb, reminiscing about the good old days

c) related to a), what a chance to find out by trial and error just what can be fermented and successfully drunk without causing blindness or death! Ah, the recipes we shall share!

d) for those of us who are musically gifted, when the electricity is out we'll be able to fire up our acoustic guitars (although they may eventually be short on strings), our trombones, and our accordions, in order to lead our comrades in songs around the light bulb (or campfire, at least until we've burned all the available furniture)

The list goes on, comrades. Now that NextTuesday™ has truly arrived, let us take every advantage of the opportunities which will be presented to us in the years to come!

With the collapse of the dollar, we can look forward to the revival of bartering, and new forms of currency--like canned foods, ammunition, indentured servitude of offspring...Thank Lenin we won't have to wait long!

Gentlemen- Did not the Lord Gawd Obama say just yesterday "The Best is Yet to Come"?

[img]images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img]

Since I am a sick old white man who has already had his wealth redistributed long ago, why is there a tremor in my spine wondering exactly WHAT might be the "Best" that is "Coming"?

Comrade, this tremor of yours can easily be treated at an Obamacare facility, at virtually no cost to you.

Since you did mention that you're an "old" white man, please be sure to have your affairs in order before going to your appointment.

R.O.C.K. in the USSA wrote:Comrade, this tremor of yours can easily be treated at an Obamacare facility, at virtually no cost to you.

Since you did mention that you're an "old" white man, please be sure to have your affairs in order before going to your appointment.

Well ROCK, I gotta tell ya, I am in Orygun. So I am already well acquainted with how it works out for you to go the hospital- We have an "Oregon Pain Management System" here.

"As long as the intention for prescribing analgesics is the relief of pain, the possibility that they may hasten death is not a reason to withhold these medications from a dying patient." Oregon Pain Management

I think it's where they get rid of all the Morphine they take away from the dopers. Guys like me with advanced lung troubles can have troubles- "... administration to patients naive to opioids may result in [highlight=#ffff00]fatal respiratory depression[/highlight]"

I made it all the way to DEAD in 2006

Vladimir, you hold dual status as citizen AND necro-voter? I'll bet your phone never stopped ringing.

Comrade ROCK,

Thank you for those uplifting, lighthearted words of encouragement, but as Dear Leader(PTUI)™ has declared, "THE BEST IS YET TO COME (exclamation point here)" There is no more need, or want, of anything encouraging because the sloth class O-bots people have spoken and would prefer Dopium™ over beet vodka in their half empty tin cups.
forward1.jpg

e) frankly, I don't spend enough time outside in the fresh, globally-warmed air. Soon, I'll be spending much more time outside standing in various lines, for food, soup, and beet vodka.

f) while standing in lines I'll have a lot more opportunity to meet new people. We'll stand for hours together, as the lines creep forward, praising the glorious One and His government, and watching the young ones in the lines talking on their Obamaphones

You're quite welcome, Comrade Whinny! It certainly has improved MY spirits (while somewhat draining my vodka bottle) thinking of the positives rather than being disgusted, disgruntled, depressed, a little delirious, and various other d-words!

forwardbackward.jpg

Comrade ROCK,

Point taken and noted. One of the 'positives' I enjoy ruminating over is that once everything is gone, there is nothing left to take. Such a glorious future we have! Here's a toast to you, Comrade ROCK!

And a toast in return, Comrade Whinny!

To having Won The Future!!!!!!!!!!