Report Bugs Here: Organizational Announcement

I spent all Saturday migrating the Cube site to a more advanced database and upgrading the software. It is now supposed to work faster and be more secure.

Please, if you notice any bugs or other problems with the new installation, report them here. Who wouldn't want their name remembered in a good way when the time comes for the purges and mass deportations to the gulag?

Thanks for the hard wor...wor... effort you have put in Red. But I have a bug to report...Where is the show trial scheduled for today? Is there a coveriup going on?

We seem to have been hit by a particularly unsavoury type of capitalist lately. I was bored earlier this week, and noticing that we were closing in on 1000 registered party members decided to check out the profiles of some of the latest. Many of them have never made a post and many of them have links to some rather putrid websites.

BUG REPORT: Every time I click here, I end up at the web sty of thought criminal and opium dispenser Dr. Dobson! I thought the new improvements were to make this site more secure and protect us from wrong thoughts! I nearly entertained theistic notions about morality before, thank Lenin!, I came to my senses. Another 15 minutes and I would have had to turn myself in to the nearest Karl Marx Treatment Center or state university.

Ivan Betinov wrote: We seem to have been hit by a particularly unsavoury type of capitalist lately. I was bored earlier this week, and noticing that we were closing in on 1000 registered party members decided to check out the profiles of some of the latest. Many of them have never made a post and many of them have links to some rather putrid websites.

That's been going on since the day the Cube started. It is annoying, although we maybe able to get a good harvest for this year's purge season.

That wall we're going to be putting people up against is just getting longer and longer....

Dearest Comrade Red Square, I've had to shoot dead several of my most trusted computers today as I keep on getting:

503 Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.
Apache/1.3.33 Server at https://thepeoplescube.com Port 80

Otis -
that's because Neil Bootz posted a link to the OMS story and a couple hours later Fark.com also did it. I wish there had been a longer interval so the site wouldn't jam. We've already had 11,797 visitors since the spike, and beat the latest record: Most thoughtcriminals ever online was 316 on 12/11/2007, 1:43 pm

In the end of the day we'll see if we'll beat Rush-driven record for daily visitors. It's a good thing I spent all Saturday migrating the Cube to a more advanced database - now it works faster! But there's a limit on concurrent connections on the hosting server and there's nothing I can do here except get a dedicated server which is expensive and can't be done in a jiffy.

And here I thought the sudden stampede--or "rush" if you will--was due to word getting out about Vodkov's upcoming show trial--not so much the trial per se, but the totally unfounded rumor that there would be FREE VODKA FOR EVERYONE.

The whole affair has really aggravated my Progressive Mania Syndrome (PMS). I've had so much trouble getting in today, that I was afraid I'd have to give up and do housework for a change--which may well have been the ultimate aim of this reactionary, misogynistic Boortz character.

But since the subject is bugs, I should mention I found one in my borscht this morning.

I was wondering the same, but what a glorious reason to be a little put out today.

Commissarka, if you found a bug in your borscht, that means that you are favored by the ghost of Lenin. After all, most vodka-soaked ditch diggers, which I say with only the greatest love and admiration, would kill for a bug. It's the protein you know, and beyond that, the <i>mouth feel</i>.

Commissarka Pinkie wrote:But since the subject is bugs, I should mention I found one in my borscht this morning.

And we celebrate with you, Commissarka! See all the extra privileges that come with greater equality? Commissars, for example, don't even have to share their monthly potato, and you can keep any and all insects that fall into your borscht! Except for our healthcare system, it doesn't get better than this.

Ummm, yes. Collectivism does have its limits.

But I want to share everything, Blogunov. This is my duty in life--to share. My views, like all the Hollywood trash whose views are <i>so</i> important. (Memo to self: since the writer's strike, can these people order lunch?)