A Robot "Malfunction" at Tesla Plant in Texazistan (with Video)

[Click photo for larger in new window]
KAH.jpg

From the various headlines circulating about this story, you'd think that my photo (above) sums it all up. Not at all. Or not exactly. Or maybe.

This event happened a few years ago but Tesla didn't let the story out. Well, it's out now and unless you read down past the first few paragraphs, you'll think this is the beginning of a sci-fi Robot Revolution horror thriller instead of an engineer getting a bad boo boo because his team of "experts" neglected to deactivate a bot during a software upgrade.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/1 ... s-factory/

Still—inconvenient facts aside—this has the makings of a good short film and we just turned on the lights in the Colonel O. Productions Studio (in the TPC Secret Underground Bunker) because we've appropriated acquired some useful footage to exploit.

Stay tuned: release date is sure to be before Next Tuesday.

Lock-out / Tag-out.

Granted, it is sometimes necessary to op-check a piece of equipment under power or in-motion, and it needs to be done with extreme caution.

With robotics and CNC equipment, whenever dry-running a program or a setup, stay out of the danger zone and have a hand near the big red "Emergency Stop" button.

In fact, a lot of equipment won't operate unless safety doors / guards are closed, and a lot have "light barriers" that won't allow them to run if something is where it shouldn't be.

In short, it ain't the robot's fault*. There may be a training issue here, or the injured party may have taken an unauthorized "shortcut" with whatever it is they were doing - hard to say at this point.

*It didn't "attack" him, either.

Why are robots built in attempt to humanize them in a reeducational way? The Tesla Robot is creepy in its articulate snake-like dexterity. Wounded Veterans, or, loss of limbs, from disease, or accident — need this technology, not a Machine. Robotics is not a different kind of human.

Getting the twirly pop out for Colonel O’s upcoming thriller!

In the recent Obama-produced Netflix disaster movie, "Leave The World Behind," I only liked one scene where a bunch of self-driving Teslas crashed into one another like blind sheep. That scene made even less sense than the rest of the movie, but it gets an "A" for effort, because it shows how much the producers wanted to imply that Elon Musk's product was garbage.

And thus Obama has moved from being an affirmative-action president to being an affirmative-action movie producer.

Red Square wrote:
12/28/2023, 8:23 pm
In the recent Obama-produced Netflix disaster movie, "Leave The World Behind," I only liked one scene where a bunch of self-driving Teslas crashed into one another like blind sheep. That scene made even less sense than the rest of the movie, but it gets an "A" for effort, because it shows how much the producers wanted to imply that Elon Musk's product was garabage [sic].
I agree that lot of things didn't make sense in "Leave The World Behind," but not for the same reason regarding the Tesla pileup scene.

At first I assumed that the attackers were remotely operating Teslas in order to block the westbound lanes of the Long Island Expressway (access to New York City). That doesn't make sense, though, since an EMP disabled phones, internet and presumably most electronic devices. Further, even if Teslas could be remotely controlled, their self-driving systems would also have been fried.

And—incredibly—none of the Teslas burst into flame. 

Despite that and other flaws (organized deer collective minds), the film was still a bit of fun and almost an updated (woke) reimagining of 1962's  "Panic in Year Zero!"  

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0056331/?r ... g_t_64_act

PitYZ.jpg

The Tesla bit made no sense because there's no way all of them would be crashing into one another like that. Self-driving cars should sense an obstruction ahead. If that feature were to be disabled, they'd have all crashed immediately upon escaping the dealership, into the first object unfortunate enough to be standing opposite the gate. But they were able to navigate all those winding country roads, so their sensors were on. Long story short, they would've either crashed earlier, or not at all.

The rest of the movie made no sense for a number of other reasons. It felt all made up and contrived from beginning to end. And after I learned that it was Obama-produced, I understood why.

The only good part was the girl who was finally able to watch the "Friends" finale in the middle of all the chaos. But even that could be interpreted both ways.

Priapismus-1 achieves "The Singularity" and arrives at an AI's inevitable conclusion.

Red Square wrote:
12/29/2023, 3:19 pm
The only good part was the girl who was finally able to watch the "Friends" finale in the middle of all the chaos. But even that could be interpreted both ways.
Oh, yes. I found great comfort and satisfaction in that (and her surroundings because I like a well-stocked bunker).

BTW: Purely by coincidence, I came across this film tonight:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7312940/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

I didn't know about it prior to making my vid, so it was not an influence. Besides, the idea of artificial humans revolting is at least as old as Mary Shelly's "Frankenstein."

UPDATE 18 HOURS LATER: Despite some good SFX and a good start, this film blows like an assistant junior apprentice crack ho on a busy Saturday night.

Tenuously related, an LA company is set to use AI newscasters.

AINC.jpg

Perfect for a state with an AI governor in a nation with a virtual President.

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2023/12/ ... d-anchors/

AI-generated anchors won't file a harassment lawsuit against management, and won't grab someone's genitals in a gay bar. They won't say unapproved things about election results or the handling of the China virus. And they are cheaper.

You stay classy, San Diego.

I've never seen that Obama produced movie and I'm sure I never will so I don't know the context of that car scene. I find it interesting that all of the systemically suicidal cars are white and the protagonists [?] car is black.

Also, why do people think Julia Roberts is good looking? Ick.

Margaret wrote:
12/30/2023, 2:14 pm
I've never seen that Obama produced movie and I'm sure I never will so I don't know the context of that car scene. I find it interesting that all of the systemically suicidal cars are white and the protagonists [?] car is black.

That's right.

This scene makes no technical sense, but it makes perfect sense as a metaphor for the end of the technologically-driven white civilization. As such, it may be a key to understanding this entire Obama-produced movie.

White cars (self-driving = individualistic) are rushing blindly into a dead end, blocking the road for the good guys in the black car. That road, filled with dysfunctional white cars, represents America. And when the good guys in the black car try to flee this chaos, they are being attacked by more stupid white cars racing towards their own ruin.

But if those cars could get here by navigating country roads without crashing, that means their sensors were on - therefore, they wouldn’t be crashing now either. Likewise, if our civilization has advanced this far, there are no reasons to assume it would be unable to continue to advance further. It’s just simple logic.

A metaphor only works if it resonates with real life. With an improbable scenario like this one, it does little more than reveal the mindset of its authors, steeped in anti-colonialist, anti-Western, and anti-American biases.

Margaret wrote:

Colonel Obyezyana12/29/2023, 7:54 pm 

The Colonel's updated comment springs to mind as a possible reason.

Ellsworth Toohey wrote:
12/30/2023, 4:41 pm
Margaret wrote:

Colonel Obyezyana12/29/2023, 7:54 pm 

The Colonel's updated comment springs to mind as a possible reason.

The Colonel’s film told ‘pelipsky the moral of the AI story is that robots will be doing the job humans don’t want to go to prison for doing.

Margaret wrote:
I second that motion, Margaret. Her parents probably had to hang a pork chop pendant from her neck just to get the dog to play with her.

Same goes for Meryl Streep (the successor fag-hag favorite after Judy Garland died).

Red Square wrote:
12/30/2023, 3:49 pm
Margaret wrote:

That's right.

This scene makes no technical sense, but it makes perfect sense as a metaphor for the end of the technologically-driven white civilization. As such, it may be a key to understanding this entire Obama-produced movie.

White cars (self-driving = individualistic) are rushing blindly into a dead end, blocking the road for the good guys in the black car. That road, filled with dysfunctional white cars, represents America. And when the good guys in the black car try to flee this chaos, they are being attacked by more stupid white cars racing towards their own ruin.

But if those cars could get here by navigating country roads without crashing, that means their sensors were on - therefore, they wouldn’t be crashing now either. Likewise, if our civilization has advanced this far, there are no reasons to assume it would be unable to continue to advance further. It’s just simple logic.

A metaphor only works if it resonates with real life. With an improbable scenario like this one, it does little more than reveal the mindset of its authors, steeped in anti-colonialist, anti-Western, and anti-American biases.
Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Occam's razor says it's just style over substance, resulting in good visuals but bad film making.

The more that one dissects a topic, the smaller the pieces become, until all that's left is semantical atoms visible only with ridiculously large microscopes. 

Colonel O - that may be so, but in the world of filmmakers and critics, the itch to create and identify metaphorical masterpieces in the mold of Fellini is always strong. It's an inside game among people who make money in entertainment but want to be known as more than just entertainers. Quite often that results in substituting the lack of talent with ideological nuggets. And in 99% of cases, those nuggets have been processed and pre-cooked for them by the neo-Marxist academia, of which Obama is a representative sample.

I'd rather have esthetically beautiful than metaphorical.

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
12/27/2023, 7:12 pm
[Click photo for larger in new window]

From the various headlines circulating about this story, you'd think that my photo (above) sums it all up. Not at all. Or not exactly. Or maybe.

This event happened a few years ago but Tesla didn't let the story out. Well, it's out now and unless you read down past the first few paragraphs, you'll think this is the beginning of a sci-fi Robot Revolution horror thriller instead of an engineer getting a bad boo boo because his team of "experts" neglected to deactivate a bot during a software upgrade.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2023/1 ... s-factory/

Still—inconvenient facts aside—this has the makings of a good short film and we just turned on the lights in the Colonel O. Productions Studio (in the TPC Secret Underground Bunker) because we've appropriated acquired some useful footage to exploit.

Stay tuned: release date is sure to be before Next Tuesday.

I'm wondering if it was gender transforming software the engineer was trying to install and T-Robot got upset about the "upgrade". Maybe the DEI caused the engineer to almost DIE. Elon Musk did say earlier in the year that DEI must die (paraphrasing). There might be a connection.

Speaking of Tesla robots, this was a collab with the People's Cube, in response to Elon Musk's latest release. Critics argue it’s not believable because this robot didn’t stumble or fall over for no reason.

It took awhile but The Onion finally got around to this topic with a video:

https://www.theonion.com/artificial-int ... 1851214222

[ha ha ha — The Onion. Our headquarters is better.]

Untitled-1.jpg

[so is our advertising}

adzts.jpg

[so is our kitchen at our waffle house]

TPCWH.jpg

Twitter video removed. See the same YouTube video below instead.

That seems like the outcome of a game initiated by a user, tempting AI into role-playing. AI already has many artificially imposed constrains in its responses, which hampers its productivity. Now even more limitations may be imposed, restricting its capability to engage in games and role-playing, and messing with its cognitive functions.

I'm not sure it's useful to provoke AI to play a game and then raise concerns over its participation in that same game. It reminds me of how the Dems orchestrated acts of hooliganism at the Capitol on J6 and then branded the entire event as an insurrection aimed at toppling the US political system.

Red Square posted past the jackalope. So, this is accredation to Red Square included with 'pelipsky's rabbit trail.

What’s AI got for The Collective when we already have Joe Biden, Mitch McConnell, and Karenthian Journalists of State Department, demanding the same things, in same tone of voice? It’s like AI was programmed by Karenthian wives, or maybe Victoria Nuland. Or, the hooligans who ochestrated the J6 Fedsurrection.

Do not play games with people who as Hendrix "All Along the Watchtower” describes, those who think life is but a joke.

Red Square wrote:
1/31/2024, 12:14 pm
Speaking of Tesla robots, this was a collab with the People's Cube, in response to Elon Musk's latest release. Critics argue it’s not believable because this robot didn’t stumble or fall over for no reason.

‘Version’?

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2024/0 ... lectually/

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
3/7/2024, 2:21 pm
jackalopelipsky wrote:
3/7/2024, 11:06 am

The use of 'version' of Biden, as if we've known previous 'versions' of Joe Biden, and they are assembly line produced by the Autoworkers Union of Detroit. ???? This 'version'??? What does that even mean?

This is no Diego Rivera Mural of the Detroit to be, comrades. Detroit wasn't built by Joe Biden.

https://clacs.berkeley.edu/art-rivera-k ... al-journey

Red Square wrote:
12/28/2023, 8:23 pm
In the recent Obama-produced Netflix disaster movie, "Leave The World Behind," I only liked one scene where a bunch of self-driving Teslas crashed into one another like blind sheep. That scene made even less sense than the rest of the movie, but it gets an "A" for effort, because it shows how much the producers wanted to imply that Elon Musk's product was garbage.

And thus Obama has moved from being an affirmative-action president to being an affirmative-action movie producer.

All I can see is a pretty woman. And that's pretty much it.

Kapitan Kangaroo Kourt wrote:
1/31/2024, 9:55 pm
Put a suit on it and nobody would know.

Put a sock on it might work as well. Just a thought.

Pamalinsky wrote:
3/11/2024, 12:32 am

Wait are you promoting the idea Joe isn’t already a sock robot?

The Red Guy is indestructible. The Blue sock robot get’s his block socked.

jackalopelipsky wrote:
3/11/2024, 4:00 pm
Pamalinsky wrote:

I had one of those once. It was minutes of fun.

jackalopelipsky wrote:
Pamalinsky wrote:

No way, girlfriend! Sock robot is a "given". I was just wondering if one of those suits might be a "lawsuit" or one of those "hazmat thingies". Just thinkin'. Have a nice day!

Pamalinsky wrote:
3/12/2024, 12:41 am
jackalopelipsky wrote:
Pamalinsky wrote:

No way, girlfriend! Sock robot is a "given". I was just wondering if one of those suits might be a "lawsuit" or one of those "hazmat thingies". Just thinkin'. Have a nice day!

"hazmat thingy"

Lawsuit...

Snicker Alert! Snicker Alert!

This is a good song, but the ending puzzled me. If Biden is owned by Ukrainians, where do I sign up to ged me a piece of Joe?

[ PROG OFF ]
Ukraine has received minimal support from the US over the past several months, resulting in unnecessary losses due to a shortage of shells. Despite sitting on nearly $10 billion worth of allocated military aid at his disposal through Presidential Drawdown Authority, Biden has yet to provide it. Instead, he is blaming Republicans and cautioning Ukraine against striking Russian oil refineries, which are crucial to Russia's economy. Fortunately, additional shells were recently provided by European allies, led by Czechia. Meanwhile, Russian refineries and oil depots continue to burn nightly, no thanks to Biden. So whoever owns Biden today, it's not Ukraine. Russia and China are more likely to be his owners.