Same story, different sides.

Comrades,

Look at the following differences between Daily Kos and American Thinker. The rich, ideological safe haven of the left is where I'll be taking refuge. It just feels better. Plus, my tinfoil is more comfortable while I think of conspiracy.

On Three Mile Island:

American Thinker wrote:If Barack Obama wants to show that he can think outside the tiny box of American Leftism, then he can embrace nuclear power as a serious, clean, safe alternative energy and he can state his intention to streamline the statutory and regulatory obstacles to building nuclear power plants. He can take a small part of stimulus package and create tax incentives to build nuclear power, as a way of offsetting the illogical phobia that the Left generated against nuclear power.

This would be change. This would bring hope. The only courage required would be a small heresy against the Church of Leftism. It would be one small step for Obama, but one giant leap for America. Tragically, even that tiny deviation form ultra-orthodox Leftism is probably much more than this very ordinary man would ever dare. Change, to him, means doing more of what has already failed. Hope, to him, means tilting at windmills, even after every grown up in America has given up on wind power.

Daily Kos wrote:It was April Fool's Day, 1979 -- 30 years ago this week -- when Randall Thompson first set foot inside the Three Mile Island nuclear power plant near Middletown, Pa. Just four days earlier, in the early morning hours of March 28, a relatively minor problem in the plant's Unit 2 reactor sparked a series of mishaps that led to the meltdown of almost half the uranium fuel and uncontrolled releases of radiation into the air and surrounding Susquehanna River.

It was the single worst disaster ever to befall the U.S. nuclear power industry, and Thompson was hired as a health physics technician to go inside the plant and find out how dangerous the situation was. He spent 28 days monitoring radiation releases.

Today, his story about what he witnessed at Three Mile Island is being brought to the public in detail for the first time -- and his version of what happened during that time, supported by a growing body of other scientific evidence, contradicts the official U.S.government story that theThree Mile Island accident posed no threat to the public.

On The One at the G20:

American Thinker pointing to The Guardian which wrote: Barack Obama: "I, I, would say that, er ... pause [I HAVEN'T A CLUE] ... if you look at ... pause [WHO IS THIS NICK ROBINSON JERK?] ... the, the sources of this crisis ... pause [JUST KEEP GOING, BUDDY] ... the United States certainly has some accounting to do with respect to . . . pause [I'M IN WAY TOO DEEP HERE] ... a regulatory system that was inadequate to the massive changes that have taken place in the global financial system ... pause, close eyes [THIS IS GOING TO GO DOWN LIKE A CROCK OF SHIT BACK HOME. HELP]. I think what is also true is that ... pause ... here in Great Britain ... pause [SHIT, GORDY'S THE HOST, DON'T LAND HIM IN IT] ... here in continental Europe ... pause [DAMN IT, BLAME EVERYONE.] ... around the world. We were seeing the same mismatch between the regulatory regimes that were in place and er ... pause [I'VE LOST MY TRAIN OF THOUGHT AGAIN] ... the highly integrated, er, global capital markets that have emerged ... pause [I'M REALLY WINGING IT NOW]. So at this point, I'm less interested in ... pause [YOU] ... identifying blame than fixing the problem. I think we've taken some very aggressive steps in the United States to do so, not just responding to the immediate crisis, ensuring banks are adequately capitalised, er, dealing with the enormous, er ... pause [WHY DIDN'T I QUIT WHILE I WAS AHEAD?]

Daily Kos wrote: He literally shouted as he reminded all in attendance that he has called for the "Closing of Guantanamo," and that " America will not torture!" And, his words were met by the applause and cheers of people who accepted his words with sincerity. Earlier in the day, French President Sarkozy agreed to accept a French prisoner being held in Guantanamo, if it would help facilitate the closure of the notorious American gulag.

He opened the floor to ordinary European citizens who asked better questions than any American journalist. He answered each of their questions slowly, so that the translators could keep up, with respect, with honesty, and in a manner that does honor to us all.

Ok... I've tried to format it 500 times and it hasn't worked. I give up.

Damn, comrade! I formatted it for you half an hour ago! We were probably doing it simultaneously and so you submitted your changes after I did mine. Let me do it again, but you'll have to wait outside.

I must have been too busy groveling before your might or attempting to bury my head in the sand to see you swooping in and making up for my incompetence.

I greatly appreciate the help, Comrade. For future reference, what was I doing wrong?

Done.

Your problem was with angled "smart quotes" that were not recognized by the program because it's trained to react only on regular straight quotes in [quote="....."

Plus it was aggravated by a lot of unnecessary tags defining size and color. If they were created when you copy-pasted your text into the editor, there is an "eraser" button at the top that removes all that clutter in one shot.

Excellent! I'll be ready for truly Progressive mimeswiping next time, armed with my trusty eraser, when I'm at work on The People's Internet and The People's Word Processor. Theo's tip of using TextEdit, of course, only applies to my Mac at home.

I owe you much gratitude! Check your desk- third drawer on the left...