Science Proves Ladies-First Chivalry Is Sexist War on Women

Hard science proves "ladies-first" chivalry is Sexist War on Women.

A early-20th-Century progressive feminist who, in surviving the sinking of the Titanic, presciently recognized what Boston University social scientists proved more than a century later in 2015: Gentlemen's "ladies first" chivalry is a manifestation of men's War on Women.

This progressive feminist survived to endure a lifetime of unbearable "survivors' guilt" as a surviving victim of the "War on Women" cleverly disguised as chivalry by gentlemen on the Titanic preferring to die with honor than to live as cowards if they were to take lifeboat seats ahead of women and children.

Fortunately for this sexism-victim's life-long trauma of survivor's guilt, her granddaughter grew up to become a 21st Century Feminist selflessly dedicating her life to destroy the evil vestiges of chivalry.

Her 21st-Century-Feminist granddaughter, who teaches Modern Feminism at a prestigious Ivy League university, says her research identified one of the earliest beneficiaries of the anti-chivalry enlightenment that began in earnest in July, 1969: Mary Jo Kopechne.

--KOOK

How true comrade. And let us not forget that it was a white iceberg which scraped across the ship's hull because of the content of its color.

Frankly, I don't have a problem with boarding a lifeboat ahead of men--as long as it's done for the right reason.

Chivalry, of course, is the wrong reason. Not only does it take away my right to choose, but it forces me, a proud Progressive woman, to--(ugh!)--CHOOSE LIFE! Furthermore, it turns me into an enabler. By stepping into the lifeboat, I'm enabling man in his need to look good. I'm letting him look like a brave martyr. And he'll get all the glory for it. Where's my glory, I ask you? WHERE'S MINE?!?

That the White Star Line was a private company makes it all the worse. (That, and the fact that the Star, like the iceberg, was White.) If it were a ship owned and operated by the Government, then it goes without saying that I have every right to board the lifeboat ahead of any white males, because I'm a minority. I'm a member of the Protected Class. I'm a Party-designated Victim. Those are the only reasons I'm entitled to special treatment! And under those circumstances, I'd sure as hell demand to know why I didn't see any LGBT or people of color anywhere on that vessel!

In short, Comrades, the important thing isn't that you do it. What's important is that you do it for the right, Party-approved reasons!

Commissarka Pinkie wrote:That the White Star Line was a private company makes it all the worse. (That, and the fact that the Star, like the iceberg, was White.)
No doubt it would have been easier to swallow such a bitter pill, had the ship at the very least donned a red star. I think it goes without saying that those were dark days when cheauvenistik kapitalists reigned supreme in the western hemisphere and lorded over the minority klasses. We have kome so far and marched forward to the virge of the World of Next Tuesday, where ALL would prefer to die or survive as a kollektive, rather than risk the selfish honor or guilt that inevitably komes when we act as individuals.

Image This is a brilliant post KOOK. My first instinct is to tip my hat to you, but would surely risk belittling you by my own act of selfish chivalry, as the tipping of the hat was something once expected as a sign of respect. Since we are all equal, suffice it to say that this post is particularly most equal indeed.

Konservative_Punk wrote: ... Image This is a brilliant post KOOK. My first instinct is to tip my hat to you, but would surely risk belittling you by my own act of selfish chivalry, as the tipping of the hat was something once expected as a sign of respect. Since we are all equal, suffice it to say that this post is particularly most equal indeed.

Comrade Konservative Punk,

Thank you for the no-hat-tip. I understand. Indeed, my most recent act of tipping my hat yielded quite unsettling results. Finding myself crossing a campus while trying to make my geezerhood inconspicuous by wearing a hat to conceal my baldness and a face-scarf to conceal my weathered face (it was one of those Globally-Warmed "Hot Snow" Days), I tipped my hat to a young lady as we passed on the sidewalk. After passing me, she turned around and struck me on the back of the head with her four-inch-thick volume of "Modern Feminism" as she shouted to me, "I did not say to you 'I would welcome a tip of your hat,' so you're lucky I'm not reporting you to the Campus Police, but don't you dare to attempt to flirt with me ever again, you dirty old man."

Gotta go -- somebody else is chasing me now.

--KOOK

KOOK wrote:
Konservative_Punk wrote: ... Image This is a brilliant post KOOK. My first instinct is to tip my hat to you, but would surely risk belittling you by my own act of selfish chivalry, as the tipping of the hat was something once expected as a sign of respect. Since we are all equal, suffice it to say that this post is particularly most equal indeed.

Comrade Konservative Punk,

Thank you for the no-hat-tip. I understand. Indeed, my most recent act of tipping my hat yielded quite unsettling results.
[highlight=#ffffff]
[/highlight][highlight=#ffffff]
[/highlight]This may be a situation where we can contribute to Progress™ by adding a new entry to the Newspeak Dictionary: UNTIP...As in "I untip my hat to you sir." This would fulfill our duty to refrain from elevating others above ourselves, while still acknowledging our appreciation for one another.

Bruce Jenner is now on the verge of atoning for his many decades of sexist chivalry because he's now in a position similar to that of Commissarka Pinkie-- i.e., that of being able to practice self-chivalry by letting himself go first.

--KOOK

Commissarka Pinkie wrote:In short, Comrades, the important thing isn't that you do it. What's important is that you do it for the right, Party-approved reasons!

This is, indeed, a profound saying Commissarka. Indeed, saving the oppressed for the wrong reasons, such as a sense of honor, is, in fact, an act of micro-aggression, oppression and, as far as The Party is concerned, a Hate Crime™.

White male heterosexuals must be compelled by the shame of their very existence to sacrifice themselves for The Greater Good™. There is no place for white male honor in the World of Next Tuesday and an act of honorable self sacrifice will not be tolerated.

Awe, jeez, Comrades! I'm so bored with this Feminist rage thing. We all know how it ends:

The Taming of the Shrew, Elizabeth Taylor, Final Acceptance. Shakespeare is involved.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=ki ... 1FBAA86114[/video]Just click on the link, they won't let me display it here.