Solidaritaire

Comrades,

A game beloved by all sentient beings, solitaire has been revolutionized and modernized to include the fantastically progressive The People's Cube™ playing card deck in high-tech QuickTime format.

Punch that card, prole, then download and play these, for the Revolution!

Since the embedded game itself is rather large at 230KB or so, it can bog down the server, thus resulting in an unfair distribution of processing power. Accordingly, a consciousness-awareness session re-enlightened my polluted thinking and a smaller graphic has been put in place instead.

SolidaritaireShot.png

Comrade_Tovarich -

When you recycle the existing embed code, you must change the source URL, as well as width and height in several places!

It's located in several places of the code to accommodate different browsers that handle the code differently.

Thanks for the game! In fact, I was looking into making it in Flash using the same cards, but could never find time.

The source URL was the main problem (I was too involved in Party matters to attend to width and size); however, that has been answered. Some might say QuickTime is yesterday's technology, but the same was said about Communism and look how wrong that prognostication was!

"When you recycle the existing embed code, you must change the source URL, as well as width and height in several places!

It's located in several places of the code to accommodate different browsers that handle the code differently."

All I read was "blah blah de blah blah de blah blah" but I am sure this is most helpful to most. I do love the card, and now, at long last, to have equal winners all the time. Most Progressive!

Fraulein, let me explain.

"Source code" is a high falootin' term for html tags and gibberish.

"Quick Time" is the way you march to work in the gulag.

And "Embed Code" is what you sound like when you tell people you have a bad head cold and you're stuck in bed.

Comrade Whoopie wrote:Fraulein, let me explain.

And "Embed Code" is what you sound like when you tell people you have a bad head cold and you're stuck in bed.
Quick Time I've heard of. Embed means I'm inbedn' go away The other is blah blah da blah blah

Comrades,

I am pleased to see 127 downloads--sorry, redistributions--which does not include reactionary friends and family.

Comradette Fräulein Pulloskies,
While Comrade Whoopie has done a meritorious job of explaining the terminology, I am available for private consultation. I note you now hold a most progressive Cube. You are welcome to check my cubes any time. Rowrr!

Comrade_Tovarich wrote:Comrades,

I am pleased to see 127 downloads--sorry, redistributions--which does not include reactionary friends and family.

Comradette Fräulein Pulloskies,
While Comrade Whoopie has done a meritorious job of explaining the terminology, I am available for private consultation. I note you now hold a most progressive Cube. You are welcome to check my cubes any time. Rowrr!

I will check them and get back to you asap. Please place your cube, or cubes, in the jar by the gulag door. After a through evaluation they shall be returned in better condition than they were previously (or close to it. I are not responsible for any lost or damaged cubes)

Comrade Tovarich, I have a request if you don't mind. Can you make a whack-a-mole game but with perhaps the enemies of the state such as Palin? But you lose points if you hit a progressive like Michael Moore, Pelosi, Marx etc etc. Can it be done? The hammer from the cycle is my weapon of choice if it were to silence the opposition. Oh yes, Glenn and Rush must be worth the most points.

Comrade Whoopie wrote:Fraulein, let me explain.

Danke Comrade Whoopie.... I'm more smarter now...

Comrade Tovarich... games like this are only enjoyed by Elite Smarter Than Me Folk ™ in my neck of the woods... the rest of us toil all the day long in the Farm Collective....

Comrades,

Comrade Fräulein Pulloskies, I shall comply.

Comrade Chedoh, that's a good idea! I think the code would actually be pretty easy. Collecting and editing the graphics would be the harder, more time-consuming, part. QuickTime has regrettable limitations on how the cursor can be modified. It's doable, but I don't understand how, so I can't make, for example, the cursor switch between Caressing Hand or Hammer and Sickle as needed.

Comrade Buffoon,
I have experience with the kolkhoz, but in my day, we played euchre, not this namby-pamby solitaire stuff. No sir, euchre, hard and fast.

Comrades,

Solidaritaire should work on all QuickTime versions from 5 up. If you have trouble with it (especially downloading), whine as loudly as possible, stamp your feet, and blame Bush. That usually helps.