Study Shows Too Much Patriotism in the US officer corps.

Most Equally Esteemed Komrads and Cubists,

PROG WAY OFF!

I apologize, denounce myself, whatever it takes. I had to share.

I found this gem through a subscription email about military issues:

'Troubling New Gap' Based on Gender, Race and Politics Growing Among Military Officers, Study Warns

Apparently patriotism, love of one's country, and a devotion to service are exactly the opposite of desirable traits of a military officer.

A bit of a disclaimer. I have a particularly enlisted point of view. I still think of Sergeant Red Salmon as my better self. At one point some junior officers compared me to Sergeant Steiner, if you get the reference. I doubt it was meant as a compliment, but I considered it a badge of honor. I know I'm no James Coburn. I do apologize to any Cubists who were commissioned. I hope you can forgive me.

The folks conducting this witch hunt study did survey only the commissioned set. They must have figured that enlisted swine would be too appallingly stupid to understand that despising one's country is the only enlightened attitude.

Imagine actually being in uniform and wondering if the officer that is supposed to lead you into combat hates the USA? Let the fragging begin?

Aside from the obvious bias that those leading our troops should actually have disdain for the country they are serving, it seems like the study authors equate military service to any other source of a pay check. I assure you it is not. If it is not your calling then you will suck at it and won't last.

There is no aspect of this article that is not insulting. If only Sergeant Red Salmon could visit the National Texas Service Review. For some reason a phrase that ends with the words "stacking swivel" keeps floating through my mind.

OK, I sort of feel better. Feel free to slam me for my rant.

PROG BACK ON!

I know. Rail yard, shovel, heavy coat, blah, blah, blah...

Severely chapped in the Current Truth ™,

Red Salmon

Did some Red Salmon mention a gap in genders within the military??

Well, 'pelipsky has a re-educational tune to bring it to your home.

Jack'd-asses (It's A Strange Legislation)

Comrades, as the active forces are being purged of thoughtcriminals in the Officer Corpse, the Praetorian National Guard is signing loyalty oaths to Premier Xi Cho Bai-Din. Our seat of Government is safely guarded by loyalists, and blue states like Massachusetts are sending MORE troops.

As with racism, nonsensical stuff like evidence or due process are no longer required. A simple accusation is sufficient to convict and cancel any officer's career (bonus points awarded if the accused white male racist conservative is in a Command assignment...).

So, that being said, back to work everybody. Beets to tend, tractors to mend...

[img]images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img]

Questions I had to answer when I enlisted during Carter's first term:

Are you a homosexual?

Are you or have you ever been a member of the Communist Party?

Questions I'd probably have to answer if I enlisted during Carter's second term/Obama's third/Harris's soon-to-be first:

Do you believe in only two genders, male and female?

Are you or have you ever been a supporter of Donald J. Trump?

[url=ps://www.stripes.com/news/us/lawmakers-nomin ... s-1.666174]Lawmakers nominate a disproportionately high number of white students to service academies[/url]
  • Even if they only nominate nothing but Democrat minorities of oppressed color and sexuality fluidity, its going to be 24 years before any of the next incoming class can identify as a General. Unless arbitrary qualifications like skill, and experience can be waived...
We might need a plan for keeping patriots and the like doing something else until then.

Commissarka Pinkie wrote:[img]images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img]

Are you a homosexual?

Questions I'd probably have to answer if I enlisted during Carter's second term/Obama's third/Harris's soon-to-be first:

Do you believe in only two genders, male and female?

Are you or have you ever been a supporter of Donald J. Trump?

I liked Commrad President Clinton's "Don't ask, don't tell" policy.

Seaman Frudy: "Chief, I am gay. Really, you have to let me get out of the Navy. You have to kick me out, 'cause I'm homosexual, right?"

Chief Hardass: "Shuddup. Git back to work. Haha, 'Don't ask, don't tell,' an' you owe the Gawd Damn Navy three more years of cleaning this boat for that Sonar school you went to."

Dear Comrades, what was not to like when CSM Lemon(smack) vowed to send even his pregnant sister to fly a fighter jet where physics apply some real stressed pressure.

Now, that's some real doctrine that the rest of the Collective must relation, too.

Kind of like Janet Reno's doctrine that gassed and burned women and children at the Branch Davidian Compound in order to save them from a gun-totin', child molestin', religious zealot.

Once a comrade understands the doctrine, then it's all o.k.a.y.

forelocktugtoaboverankandgrade,

'pelipsky

Commissarka Pinkie wrote:[img]images/clipart/Prog_Off.gif[/img]

Are you a homosexual?

The difference between then and now is that both homosexuality and communism were forbidden by the Uniform Code of Military Justice. I do not see ANYTHING in the UCMJ that justifies the current witch hunt politicization of the armed forces (and I think the vast majority of service members are smart enough to know that they're being bullshitted at Pentagon-and-above levels).

And just as an off-topic but related side note...

Klinger copy.jpg