Subliminal Prog Messages on Underwear Withdrawn Prematurely

Underwear with subliminal prog messages was withdrawn in Britain after its wearer complained one of the pictures looked like Hitler. The company said it was, in fact, Lenin, but still withdrew 5,200 pairs to avoid complications. Everyone knows that Lenin was better than Hitler, and if the prog designer had made Lenin's image a little more recognizable, the incident could have been avoided. Lenin underwear would be acceptable to most customers, as well as other clothing items emblazoned with Che Guevara, hammer and sickle, and CCCP.

Next recalls underwear after complaints over 'Hitler image' (which turned out to be Lenin)

A customer complained that the image on the underwear resembled the Nazi leader saluting as planes passed overhead.

Next said that it had investigated the complaint and found the image, among a series of cartoons, was inspired by a picture of Lenin, the former Soviet leader.

But a spokesman told The Sun it was withdrawing the remaining 5,200 pairs of the underwear anyway. He said: "The complaint came in today and by the end of the day all 5,200 will be withdrawn.

"We have checked with the designer who confirmed the image was inspired by Lenin. Nonetheless, if even one customer is offended or upset we are happy to withdraw the range."

The customer who complained, Ben Radomski, said he was happy the product had now been withdrawn.

Earlier this year Next warned it would raise clothes prices as it is battered by the "double challenge" of a weak pound and the recession.

What if someone was unhappy that the underwear was withdrawn? How do you satisfy that customer?

I am undecided on what to think about the people's underwear recall. I trust there will be a definitive statement on this from our leaders. I find this quite unnerving. On the bright side, if all underwear were recalled it would save a good deal of time. The underwear line can get long with mixed results in the end.

So do you think this salad dressing it up for recall? I believe a slight resemblance can be detected.

Soooo. . . are they going around protesting in those things, or at least their underwear? History has proven going au natural has a greater impact on social change.

Lenin himself was NOT a proponent of the "glass of water" theory, which stipulates that having sex should be as easy as drinking a glass of water when you're thirsty. He spoke about it at length with Clara Zetkin, many times, indoors and outdoors, on the Party-issued sofa and while digging long trenches on the beach at sunset...

But frankly, comrades, this "glass of water" theory may prove difficult only when you need a second person to give you the glass, and that second person tells you to go pour it yourself. Everything changes, however, when you're by yourself in front of the computer, having the glass within the reach of the palm of your hand...

Here's what Lenin told comrade Clara while playing with her decanter, as she remembers it:

The little yellow-beaked birds who have just broken from the egg of bourgeois ideas are always frightfully clever. We shall have to let that go. The youth movement, too, is attacked with the disease of modernity in its attitude towards sexual questions and in being exaggeratedly concerned with them.” Lenin gave an ironic emphasis to the word modernity and grimaced as he did so. “I have been told that sexual questions are the favourite study of your youth organisations, too. There is sup posed to be a lack of sufficient speakers on the subject. Such misconceptions are particularly harmful, particularly dangerous in the youth movement. They can very easily contribute towards over-excitement and exaggeration in the sexual life of some of them, to a waste of youthful health and strength. You must fight against that, too.

A true revolutionary, he was always itching for a fight!

I think it was just the "racing stripe" that gave "Hitler" his brown shirt.

We don't want any brown plague in our shorts, that's for sure. The red scare? Maybe. But occasional Che spotting is still more preferable.

Nobody wants to air dirty Lenin in public.

What does Comradette Lenin'n'Thingies think? This is clearly her department.