The People's News #170, August 20

WAR ON EXREMISTS PARENTS CONTINUES
And we thought Governor Christie slapped down those teachers unions

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/0 ... ts-new-ad/

Most Equally Esteemed Komrad Colonel,

The crack down on ‘Extremists’ seems like a recurring nightmare.  Long ago, in The People’s Republic of Alaska city of Los Anchorage, the School Board and NEA felt they deserved more attention.  So their representatives appeared on local news broadcasts, NPR, First Nations Radio (my personal favorite), and local radio talk shows decrying the ‘lack of parental involvement in education’.  They got attention.  Maybe more than they wanted.  

Parents began showing up at School Board meetings with a list of grievances.  Everything from wondering why the Anchorage School System spent more than the rest of the Municipality to wondering why math textbooks encouraged students to ‘bury the family car in the front yard’ for Gaia.  Then the School Board had all new members after the next election.  Followed by a new Administrator in short order.  

Carefully considering what I want in the Current Truth™,

Red Salmon

Red Salmon wrote:
8/21/2022, 12:05 pm
Long ago, in The People’s Republic of Alaska city of Los Anchorage, the School Board and NEA felt they deserved more attention. So their representatives...decrying the ‘lack of parental involvement in education’.  They got attention.  Maybe more than they wanted.  

Parents began showing up at School Board meetings with a list of grievances. Then the School Board had all new members after the next election.  Followed by a new Administrator in short order.

I'm reminded of several recent episodes of "What We Do in the Shadows," wherein the vampire, Xandor, rubs a magic lamp, meets a djinn, and then proceeds to squander wishes with absurd and trivial requests. Parents—lacking a magic lamp—have very serious wishes and the ability to vote out their school board genies.

One step parents need to take IMMEDIATELY is to defund any school board meeting room that's more elaborate than two folding tables. Board members should have to STAND and speak up without microphones. OUT with those fancy rooms with a dais like the one at the Congressional J6 witch hunt: board members need to be reminded that they serve the people rather than rule over them.

Most Equally Esteemed Komrad Colonel,

I would add that enforcing the Public Meetings Laws might be a nice touch.  

I like the standing through the meeting idea.  One of my additional duties in The People’s Air Force was to arrange and facilitate training missions involving the Other Services.  There was a Reserve Detachment of Marine RECON located on our base.  I loved going to the mission planning meetings at their offices.  I would take junior officers with me to expose them to a culture very unlike our own.  

Upon entering the conference room the first thing most of the junior officers observed was that the table was raised.  There were upended cinder blocks supporting the legs.  The next thing they noticed was the total lack of anyplace to set down.  Funny, those meetings were always to the point and brief.  Perhaps it had something to do with the strong coffee served.  

The same should be expected of our elected officials and board appointees.  

Maintaining my posture in the Current Truth™,

Red Salmon

Red Salmon wrote:
8/21/2022, 4:11 pm

My Most Esteemed Comrade, Red Salmon,

I think we're onto something, here. The People™ need to wake up and notice how their tax dollars are being pissed away on elaborate meeting places and furniture for civil servants and bureaucrats who rightly belong at the bottom of a crowded conversation pit when meeting their citizen bosses, who will glower above them in Colosseum-like bleachers.

Only Judges should sit behind high (protective) rostrums. The rest of the bums—with no right or station to judge citizens—need to be humbled by a coast-to-coast change in interior decoration that will put them all in their places once and for all.

A furnishing revolution is called for, and every St. Vincent's store across the USSA should become the sole vendor for the tables and chairs of haughty administrators who've forgotten whom they serve.

Populus inter pares primum esse debet!

RE: "One of the world's largest moths detected for the first time in U.S., officials say"

Was it seen getting off a bus with Texas plates?

I just can't understand why everybody (and everything, apparently) wants to come to this horrible, raaaaaacist!!, misogynistic, hateful country.

BTW, I hear other large moths have been spotted in West Virginia.

Red Zeppelin wrote:
8/22/2022, 12:32 pm
I just can't understand why everybody (and everything, apparently) wants to come to this horrible, raaaaaacist!!, misogynistic, hateful country.
It's the Land of the Free (stuff)