The People's News #8 Mar 7 2022

Dear The People’s News,

Is there any truth in rumor of Convoy of Trucks on move in attempt to tump Sea Island over?

Inquiring forelock tug,
Jackalopelipsky

Most Equally Esteemed Komrads,

Prog Way Off

I do hope this counts as news.

The video of the Mi-24 HIND helicopter downed with a Surface to Air Missile. 

I feel compelled to comment on this video. I also feel compelled to comment on the obvious amateurish attempt to use the video as propaganda for the Biden Administration.

My previous life serving in the People's Air Forces provided me with an opportunity to acquaint myself with the flight characteristics of many of the Surface to Air Missiles (SAM) of the world. The missile in the video corkscrews towards the Mi-24. The US made Stinger does not corkscrew. Russian SAMs do. I also noticed that the missile engaged from a front, quartering aspect. Older SAMs required a clear shot at an engine exhaust to lock on to a heat signature. I would guess this was an SA-14 or an SA-16. The Russian helicopter was shot down by a Russian made missile.

The attempts to propagandize the missile in this clip as a US made Stinger are sleazy. That would imply that the missile was supplied by the current administration. I guess plagiarism is one of Joe's favorite activities.

Prog Back On

Carry on.

Nightmares in the Current Truth™,

Red Salmon

jackalopelipsky wrote:
3/7/2022, 7:03 pm
Dear The People’s News,

Is there any truth in rumor of Convoy of Trucks on move in attempt to tump Sea Island over?

Inquiring forelock tug,
Jackalopelipsky
Of this I am not aware, but if you'd care to spread the rumor a little further, the collective is all ears (and hands and feet and warts and hair and runny noses and bad breath and so on...) 

Red Salmon wrote:
3/7/2022, 7:40 pm
The missile in the video corkscrews towards the Mi-24. The US made Stinger does not corkscrew. Russian SAMs do. I also noticed that the missile engaged from a front, quartering aspect. Older SAMs required a clear shot at an engine exhaust to lock on to a heat signature. I would guess this was an SA-14 or an SA-16. The Russian helicopter was shot down by a Russian made missile.The attempts to propagandize the missile in this clip as a US made Stinger are sleazy. That would imply that the missile was supplied by the current administration.

Having operated the Stinger (and having familiarity with Russian Combined Arms forces, equipment and doctrine), I have to agree.
In fact, the angle of the shot was more like that of a line-of sight projectile rather than one guided by heat or radar. And based on the short range, I wouldn't even be surprised if it were a wire-guided anti-armor missile taking a lucky shot.

Sorry guys, but nowhere in the video or in the description it says that it was a Stinger. It says "missile."

Ukraine’s armed forces claim to have shot down a Russian military helicopter. Its operative command released video of a missile hitting a low-flying helicopter, which crashed seconds later

Not being a military expert, I can just say that Ukraine must still have old Soviet weaponry and ammo in stock. Prior to 2014 it was most likely buying weapons from Russia, especially considering that half of its military command back then was on Russia's payroll. The latter also explains Russia's confidence while annexing the Crimea and invading Donbas.

But since then the army has changed and Ukraine has changed. I hear from reliable sources that this time Russia also had some turncoats in Ukrainian military and counted on their help in the invasion. But seeing the tsunami of total anti-Russian resistance among Ukrainians from top to bottom, the potential turncoats probably realized that any pro-Russian move on their part would be the last move they make in their lives.

Red Square wrote:
3/8/2022, 12:06 am
 I hear from reliable sources that this time Russia also had some turncoats in Ukrainian military and counted on their help in the invasion. But seeing the tsunami of total anti-Russian resistance among Ukrainians from top to bottom, the potential turncoats probably realized that any pro-Russian move on their part would be the last move they make in their lives.
 History repeating itself:
I hear from reliable sources that this time Russia Republicans also had some turncoats in Ukrainian military the Congress and Senate and counted on their help in the invasion election. But seeing the tsunami of total anti-Russian Trump resistance among Ukranians Congressmen and Senators from top to bottom, the potential turncoats probably realized that any pro-Russian Trump move on their part would be the last move they make in their lives.
If the Shoe fits...

Red Square wrote:
3/8/2022, 12:06 am
Sorry guys, but nowhere in the video or in the description it says that it was a Stinger. It says "missile."

We weren't talking about what was said in the video; speculation about a stinger has been recklessly bandied about in mainstream and social media, adding to the fog.

FOG.jpg
FOG2.jpg

Ivan the Stakhanovets wrote:
3/8/2022, 1:44 am
History repeating itself:
I hear from reliable sources that this time Russia Republicans also had some turncoats in Ukrainian military the Congress and Senate and counted on their help in the invasion election. But seeing the tsunami of total anti-Russian Trump resistance among Ukranians Congressmen and Senators from top to bottom, the potential turncoats probably realized that any pro-Russian Trump move on their part would be the last move they make in their lives.
Image If the Shoe fits...
0-4763_america-greatag-trump-donald-trump-cocktail-i-kids.jpg

Golly, the readers of The People’s News know everything about military hardware and how to use it. More than that, the ability to rewrite historic comments about Ukraine into America’s political situation is top gun notch level. The shoe certainly fits, and that’s good, comrades, because it looks like The Collective will be wearing that same pair of shoes for the foreseeable future.

Don’t forget, The People’s Trucker Convoy has the means to tump Sea Island over.

forelock tug for The People’s News readers,
‘pelipsky

jackalopelipsky wrote:
3/8/2022, 7:54 am
The People’s Trucker Convoy has the means to tump Sea Island over.

Tump?

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
3/8/2022, 8:57 am
jackalopelipsky wrote:

Tump?

You ever swing with this set of Red Rovers? Tip tump let Sea Island flip over!

jackalopelipsky wrote:
3/8/2022, 9:51 am
Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
3/8/2022, 8:57 am
jackalopelipsky wrote:

Tump?
You ever swing with this set of Red Rovers? Tip tump let Sea Island flip over!
I haven't played Red Rover since last century. Thank you for delivering red-rover-re-education.