The Pied Piper; or, a New Direction

Washington, D.C. (AP)- In his most recent speech, President Obama signaled a new direction in his push to achieve his signature legislation, Healthcare reform.

"It's time to bring real change to Amerika, to let go of the old status quo, and start bringing down some real justice for everyday Amerikans!" he said, to thunderous applause. "In order to do that, I need those who've created the current mess to get in line, or get out of the way."

But the real surprise of the speech- he wasn't referring to Republikans.

"Unfortunately, some in my own party aren't willing to do what's necessary to effect real, positive change. We need my healthcare reforms to pass. I know that seems like a rough pill to swallow; but I promise those Democrats in the House, if you pass these reforms, in return I will help lead the party in a new, more moderate direction heading into the November elections."

"Support for Healthcare reform has never been higher. So I promise you all, we will pass this together, and together we will emerge a stronger, better party- and nation- for it."

Myths and misconceptions

Misconceptions about lemmings Democrats go back many centuries. It was Ole Worm who first published dissections of a lemming Democrat, which showed that they are anatomically similar to most other rodents, and the work of Carl Linnaeus proved that the animals assholes had a natural origin.

When large numbers of lemmings Democrats get on the move, some of them will inevitably drown while crossing rivers and lakes, passing huge unpopular government takeover bills, like this one in Norway ObamaCare health care debacle.

Lemmings Democrats became notoriously famous because of unsubstantiated myths that they commit mass suicide when they migrate. gain control of anything.The myth may exist in more variations. In most forms it does not appear to claim a conscious suicide but rather accidental mass death due to various factors the oddities of just being Democrat. However in popular culture the alleged behavior is usually referred to as "mass suicide" and hence discussed here as "mass suicide myth".

Driven by strong biological urges, some species of lemmings Democrats may migrate try to pass unpopular bills in large groups when population density becomes too great. Lemmings Democrats can and do swim and may choose to cross a body of water pass unpopular bills in search of a new habitat unrealistic Utopias or Xanadus. This fact and the extremely strong unexplained fluctuations in the population of Norwegian lemmings Amerikkan Demokrats may have contributed to the development of the myth.

The myth of lemming Democrat "mass suicide" is long-standing and has been popularized by a number of factors. In 1955, Disney Studio illustrator Carl Barks drew an Uncle Scrooge adventure comic with the title "The Lemming with the Locket". This comic, which was inspired by a 1954 National Geographic Society article, showed massive numbers of lemmings Democrats jumping over Norwegian legislative cliffs. Even more influential was the 1958 Disney film White Wilderness, which won an Academy Award for Documentary Feature, in which staged footage was shown with lemmings Democrats jumping into sure death after faked scenes of mass migration unpopular legislation. A Canadian Broadcasting Corporation documentary, Cruel Camera, found that the lemmings Democrats used for White Wilderness were flown from Hudson Bay to Calgary, Alberta, Canada, where they did not jump off the cliff, but in fact were launched off the cliff using a turntable...by the American citizenry.

In more recent times, the myth is well-known as the basis for the failed Apple Computer 1985 Super Bowl commercial Lemmings Democrats and the popular 1991 video game Lemmings Democrats, in which the player must stop the lemmings from mindlessly marching over cliffs or into traps passing hugely unpopular legislation.

Because of their association with this odd behavior, lemming Democrat suicide is a frequently used metaphor in reference to people who go along unquestioningly with popular opinion, with potentially dangerous or fatal consequences. This metaphor is seen many times in popular culture, such as in the video game Lemmings Democrats, and in episodes of Red Dwarf and Adult Swim's show Robot Chicken. In Urban Terror, falling to one's death is called doing the lemming Democrat thing.

Order: Rodentia

Red Leader looks good with that red horn on his head. I mean, on his lips.

Thank you for this explanation. Of course, I pride myself in being a model lemming prog, here at the Cube, lest I am placed on a fast train to Siberia. I believe purges are in order for those Democrats who don't follow Dear Leader over the cliff to the Progressive World of Next TuesdayTM.

The blind following the blinder still is a glorious thing to behold dear Leninka. Only in this way can we be purged of our incessant need to think or see the big (ugly) picture.

Leninka wrote: I believe purges are in order for those Democrats who don't follow Dear Leader over the cliff to the Progressive World of Next TuesdayTM.

(off)
To really cook your noodle.... is the yes vote the purge, or is the no vote the purge? Seems either way the Dems are screwed....please Peloski, or the voters. Not that I'm shedding any tears over their impending demise.

Comrade Czar Czar,

You are frightening me. This seems like a no way out situation. And do you know what the result is of a no way out situation? Firings! Terminations! Death! Or worse--being relegation to obscurity--the road of Tom Daschle. Oh, no! The horror!

Czar Czar wrote:Washington, D.C. (AP)- In his most recent speech, President Obama signaled a new direction in his push to achieve his signature legislation, Healthcare reform.

"It's time to bring real change to Amerika, to let go of the old status quo, and start bringing down some real justice for everyday Amerikans!" he said, to thunderous applause. "In order to do that, I need those who've created the current mess to get in line, or get out of the way."

Czar-Czar, you and Maximum Leader need not fear-- Rahm Rod will get it through for the reasons explained to SuperKommissar Maksim by Kommisar of Fatwas [here], which I quote:

Kommisar of Fatwas wrote:
Superkommissar Maksim wrote: <br>Eric Massa: Democrats ousted me over health care.

We always knew it would come to this, didn't we.

Dear SuperKommissar Maksim,

For Fatwas, as Kommisar, I
address Massa's whimpering whines
and feeble theatrics
and likewise the tactics
that Rahm did apply to his whines:

Says Massa, "I stood in the shower
to contemplate using my power
of 'no' to oppose
ObamaCare votes,
when suddenly Rahm's in my shower."

Says Rahm, "If you question my power,
I first try the power of shower,
but then if you don't
come clean, I resort
to Rham-Rod for shower of power."

Did Rahm-Rod's behavior to cower
the wavering dope in the shower
comform to the way
Chicago has made
for wielding the best tools of power?

My Fatwa commends his approach--
like S-E-I-U handling folks--
Whenever a dope
does not embrace hope,
what's left is to prod and to poke.

--Kommisar of Fatwas.

In reviewing the observations of Kommisar of Fatwas, I said to myself, "I couldn't have said it better myself."

--Gorbels Cube

Going back to "Proper Thought" TM training procedures will solve this issue for Dear Leader: