The Workers Seize Control in the Second City!

COMRADES!

I bring to you wonderful news of the fruits of the banking bailout. This news comes to us from the city of Chicago, where the workers have seized the means of production at a plant!!!

Link

The proletariat are being supported by the Illinois governor, and by Comrade Chairman President Elect Obama himself, as well as Comrade Durbin.

But even more importantly, this is not a simple case of supporting the proletariat over the evil bourgeois, but also an example of things to come. Our representative comrades in Marxism have declared that since this company, Republic Windows and Doors, is having problems with it's line of credit from Bank of America, that it is also the fault of Bank of America.

Therefore they demand that the Bank of America must continue to make credit available to Republic. In other words, Bank of America must make the same sort of bad loans that made them need help in the first place. Of course, I don't even know if Bank of America needed help or not, since I know some government representatives told some of the banks they MUST take the money and accept the strings.

Basically, this means that the government now effectively OWN and CONTROL the banks !! Could anything be more GLORIOUS??

This news on top of the news of The One's infrastructure program moving forward (keep your shovels handy, comrades) makes me feel a tingle down my leg all the way to my jackboots!

Perhaps it is time that the city of Chicago shed that title of second city and take it's rightful place as most noble of all cities, after having its name changed to Obamagrad, of course.

Glorious News Indeed, Comrade. Workers of the World, Unite! You have nothing to lose but your chains! Demand proper compensation from the Capitalists! Make the government take my money and give it to you!

Ahhhh Some good news, government now effectively owns and controls the banks. This the the same group that gave us the healthy economy we have now.

Yes our Heroes, Bawny Fwank, Chris (Fill my pockets) Dodd and the rest. It is a glorious day all.

Laika the Space Dog wrote:Oh, well. Another failed Revolution....

There seems to be a failure in security.

I was uncertain if this arrest was due to counter-revolutionary forces, or merely a purge. Perhaps a purge disguised as a counter-revolution.

Dr. Nyet wrote: Basically, this means that the government now effectively OWN and CONTROL the banks !! Could anything be more GLORIOUS??

Yes, comrades! We mustn't forget that our bug wide-eyed, enthusiastic and acconplished House Speaker has become an automobile designer. It is she who told the Big Three that they must re-tool their factories to Progressive World of Next Tuesday specifications if they hoped to receive help.

"Help," in this case shows that the State will indeed own the means of production in the automotive industry. With the UAW in solidarity, our Government will -- at LAST -- be producing the coveted Zil Limousine for those in control and those well-connected enough to earn one.

The Proletariat will also become much more productive, (Think auto mechanics), as each family unit will receive a bright, shiny new YUGO, as a reward for their contribution to the Greater Good TM.

Truly a glorious day is dawning. The Blagojevich purge is a mere distraction for the proles from the important work of continuing the nationalization of industry.

Dr. Nyet

Is something in water Illinois State? In Obamagrad?

Comrades,

It is pothole season in Chicago, as water freezes, expands, and blasts chunks of asphalt. This atmospheric oppression and exploitation suggests to me the workers' numbers were intentionally decreased because many were accordingly unable to drive to the site of the revolution. Moreover, if you have ridden Chicago's el, you know it has troubles and could therefore have further hindered the timely arrival of yet more revolutionaries.

This is a great event indeed, but I fear the accursed "invisible hand" reduced its greatness a bit.

Now pardon me while I extract my own from my fellow comradette's undergarments.

Grigori E.R. wrote:Dr. Nyet

Is something in water Illinois State? In Obamagrad?
It just could be.
Perhaps the neo-kulaks should be tasked to sanitize the water system with toothbrushes

Comrade_Tovarich wrote:Comrades,

This is a great event indeed, but I fear the accursed "invisible hand" reduced its greatness a bit.
We will still have to put up with such unfair treatment from nature and circumstance until January 20. Then we will finally have CHANGE.

Dr. Nyet,

As surely you too feel and shout daily beneath a cardboard placard, "When I do I want Change™? Now!" The 20th is so long away.

However, one of my desired changes for Chicago is that instead of dying the river green on St. Patrick's Day, it will be dyed red and the day changed to St. Obama's Day.

Given the recent action in Chicago and your post about the water system, I wonder if years of accumulated green dye have been intentional in their mind-control powers.