Open Letter to the Late Mime

Let us begin with one of the last things The Mime ever said to one of us:
Listen clearly please. You have called me a name for the last time. If you include another derisive term it will be your last post ever on this site. The day of pretending that you have the upper hand and can talk down to those more informed than you are done. Did you miss the results of the last two elections? You lost and continue to lose for a reason. The American public has caught up with the inanity of your ilk. You are a victim of radical right-wing propaganda and I am happy to discuss and debate in order to help you and others to disconnect from your hypnotized hard-wiring, but I will no longer tolerate such disrespectful terms and tone. Why should I? You are in the ever-shrinking minority of the deluded. I am not deluded. I am fully informed and my eyes and ears are wide open. I just have read beneath the propaganda and you have not. I have pity on your lack of ability to catch up with the vast majority of the nation - especially the most highly educated and informed, but not so much pity that I will tolerate a single word of abuse more. Done. One more word of it and you can go engage in an attempted act of self-impregnation, but not in my presence. Clear enough?

Comment by Mikael — February 19, 2009 @ 1:49 pm

Dear Mikael:

I'm sure I speak for all of us here at The People's Cube when I say I wish you were still here, especially after this last Tuesday.

We've never forgotten you. We keep your memory alive by always remembering the laughter you so effortlessly brought to our dreary, pathetic lives.

Meanwhile, your loyal, devoted comrades, to wit: Dennis “Impeach! Evict!,,,” Mccullough, Andrew Yu Jen-Wang, and Jodin “Not Only Do I Run Like A Girl, But I Scream Like One, Too” Morey, have probably already forgotten you and moved on with their own dreary, pathetic lives. Believe me, I've gone a-Googlin' your name with the word “memorial” and come up with diddly-squat. How's that for honoring the dead? Oh, I suppose you're still registered to vote in more than a few precincts (for what unearthly good that seems to have done now), but what about a march or some form of agitation in your name, or even a bathroom stall in Janesville, Wisconsin, christened in your memory? Maybe they think keeping that messy website up is enough to show how much they care about your memory.

If those “Peach of the Week” wannabees (except for Jodin, since you gave it to him, at least, see below) remember you at all, I'll bet they certainly don't wish you were still here like we at the Cube do. Instead, they're probably saying dumb clichéd things like, “Boy, I'm sure glad Mikael isn't here to see all this pig-abuse at the polls. Man, this is a terrible thing to say, dude, but I'm, like, actually glad he's dead, ya know, man?”

Deader than you thought conservatism was less than two years ago.
~
August 8, 2006
“Peach of the Week” – Jodin
Filed under: "Peach" of the Week — Mikael @ 9:11 am

I need a break. Burnout. Too much anger. I have imposed too much of a burden on myself. As I take many Tuesdays off to travel to Seattle, work to pay the mortgage and to just get some distance and perspective on this incredibly important commitment we all share, I know that everything will move forward without a hitch. Why?
Jodin.

He is a leader. He is unwavering in the integrity of his commitment to this cause. His insight and dedication to research into the ways in which a President can be impeached may eventually save this Republic from disaster. When I cannot continue, I step down and take a breath, knowing full well that Jodin will move things forward in my stead and ImpeachforPeace.org will not miss a beat.
I promise to be there for him when he needs a breath.

Ah, but has Jodin really moved it forward since you left, Mikael? Or did you only give him “Peach of the Week” for the same reason they gave the Nobel Peace Prize to Obama? Maybe he's just leaning forward—or put another way, bending over. (Really, I don't know why the idiots on the right don't use that against MSNBC the way Anderson Cooper did with the whole teabagging thing—oh, and BTW, your pal Keith, who you claimed in your blog got bigger ratings than O'Reilly?—oh, how I wish you could see the trouble HE'S in now!)

But now that the Republicans are back and the nation's map is awash in a sea as red as the blood on the hands of Bush and Cheney, perhaps I'll go back to your funny pages in a few months, to see if Jodin “They Took My Cell Phone, My Black Hood, And My Dignity, But At Least They Didn't Get Mr. Chim-Chim My Beloved Sock Monkey” Morey plans to pull out that “cherished tool” he advocates as an “ever-present value” in our lives—except when Democrats are running the show—and crank up the whining about the atrocities of Power and Pig-Abusing Public Officials like Boehner, McConnell, and the rest of that knuckle-dragging horde.

(You know, I think I'm starting to understand what those Mama Grizzlies mean when they keep telling Democrat men to “man up.”)

How we would've loved to see one of your mopey meltdowns this week, like the one you had when no one from the news media (or for that matter, from anywhere) showed up for your “Plan B” to storm the State Capitol in St. Paul, and demand they pass an immediate resolution calling for another resolution to impeach Bush/Cheney.

Alas, Mikael. To think we at The People's Cube were the only ones who were there for you in your time of grief.

And we'd probably be the only ones there for you today.

Give my love to Che and Ted.

Progressively Yours,

Pinkie

*sniff*

Pinkie, that brought a tear to me eye!

The last time I saw him was in a windstorm, I kept yelling "Speak up! I can't hear you!"
but he never got close enough!

Reminds me of my days in the Mime Academy. I got cross ways with my best friend. We're still not speaking.

Ah yes... I was a lurker in those days.

Good times. Good times.

A seance, that's what we need, a good old fashioned teenaged girl pajama party seance to raise the spirit of the Mime.

Then afterward, we can play spin the bottle.

Comrade Whoopie wrote:A seance, that's what we need, a good old fashioned teenaged girl pajama party seance to raise the spirit of the Mime.

Then afterward, we can play spin the bottle.
I can hear him now...... Wait... oh that was nothing. I once thought I had purchased Marcel Marseau's greatest hits. It was a blank CD.

Comrades,

One of my fellow workers in the Peoples's beet fields said something a bout a big hit in the Mime Community years ago, "The sounds of silence".

aa.png
There's nothing quite as sad as a fallen, leftwinger, naysayers, who's been proved wrong. I can only imagine his trying to reach out to all in the above world of next Tuesday.

I was walking downtown and accidently walked into a trope of mimes. One fell right in front of me and I didn't hear him.

Rage! Rage! Against the dying of The Mime!
These tears we collectively weep shall not diminish with time.
Though rubber bullets and crap cannons wail
We shall march onward, never to turn tail*

March onward with Change™
March onward with Hope™
Let it never be said
"The Mime™ was a dope"

Ok...I'm going to find my binky, blubber uncontrollably, and remember the valiant struggle, the jubilant jihad, and the self righteous whining of the 96th percentile genius that we have lost in impeachment but not in spirit....

I never understood whether or not he was choking or indicating some last words

I would be fascinated to know what Mikael would say about 2010 because what he said was always an interesting study of rationalizing. I have a funny feeling that his take on it would be a mix of democratic party talking points and hard-left communist talking points. And, to sum up his post he would tell you you're stupid or evil and if you replied to his post to rebut him he would delete your reply and post that he had had enough of fascists coming to his site and calling him names.

Just a hunch.

Margaret, he always said he'd had enough of us, and that he had better things to do with his time than deal with us. And yet, he never seemed to have anything better to do than feed his trolls, because he was always there and always seemed to have plenty of time to lavish us with his undivided attention.

Groucho Marxist: I believe you are Mimeswiping jokes from some website you googled by typing the words "mime jokes."

You've probably been thinking all this time that I don't even know you exist. But I do. Oh yes, indeed I do.

Commissarka Pinkie wrote:Margaret, he always said he'd had enough of us, and that he had better things to do with his time than deal with us. And yet, he never seemed to have anything better to do than feed his trolls, because he was always there and always seemed to have plenty of time to lavish us with his undivided attention.

Groucho Marxist: I believe you are Mimeswiping jokes from some website you googled by typing the words "mime jokes."

You've probably been thinking all this time that I don't even know you exist. But I do. Oh yes, indeed I do.
Actually those are my jokes. Couldn't you tell?

It saddens me I never saw the likes of the Mime, I think I would of liked him. I do like his empty threat of shutting us down, just like all the rest.

Hey Pinkie, what do you think he's doing right now?

Sorry to be the late arrival to this memorial service. But if it's any excuse, we've made an appropriate monument proposal while he still was alive. I hope that one thing cancels the other out.

Unfortunately, his Impeach-Bush site had an expiration date. And so was Bush's presidency. In fact, they shared the same expiration date. It's good he didn't see the day when Bush quietly resigned without becoming a dictator. It would've broken his Mimical heart, because it would mean he had spent the last few remaining years of his short Mime's life chasing his own tail. Instead, he died a happy Mime, firmly believing that Bush would try to stay in power for the third term. Isn't this what life is about - the pursuit of happiness?

So perhaps I was wrong calling his life short. The two-term Bush's presidency alone must have been an eternity in Mime years.

I remembered about this thread last night as I came across this quote that sums up the Mime and his friends:

"Moral indignation is a technique used to endow the idiot with dignity."
- Marshall McLuhan

Red Square wrote: "Moral indignation is a technique used to endow the idiot with dignity."
- Marshall McLuhan

Outrageous! Scandalous! I denounce McLuhan...er, on second thought, nevermind.