VDV - None but us!

Никто, кроме нас!.jpg

Who but us can get stuck in an elevator?

None, but us!

Is that a tactical landing? I'm just wondering because I saw this video of a tactical landing in an "airfield".

It's a rather strange tactic to employ and I'm not sure what the tactical advantage is but I'm sure The Party™ knows.

That was somebody's child who died in that crash.

Hopefully, Putin's.

Yes. It was. And there are a lot of people's children dying in this stupid, unjustified and unnecessary war.

Kapitan Kangaroo Kourt wrote:
3/21/2022, 8:39 am
Yes. It was. And there are a lot of people's children dying in this stupid, unjustified and unnecessary war.
I view that video with mixed emotions, probably because one of my sons is a Black Hawk pilot.  But it was an Mi-24 and probably on its way to deliver its munitions on to innocent Ukrainians, so it needed to be shot down.  At this point, anything coming into Ukraine from Russia is part of that great sledge hammer which is being wielded with tremendous force deliberately against vulnerable civilians.  I have a Ukrainian friend in Rubizhne who has had to shelter with her husband and son during weeks of Grad bombardments.  Since Russian troops entered her city, I've lost contact.

As for the downed helicopter, I think under better circumstances my son could have sat down and had a beer with the other pilot, and they may have been friends.  But it's the nature of wars waged by totalitarians that human life is seen by them as expendable.

All this is to say that this is a stupid, unjustified, and unnecessary war, and that one bodyguard with a sense of duty could save a lot of people a lot of suffering right now.