Vote for the Coolest SOB in 2013

COOLEST-SOB-2013.jpg
Last year's contest resulted in the People's Director getting third place after BigFurHat and Pamela Geller. Let's see who gets to be sandwiched between whom this year.

Regardless of which SOB becomes the top dog, this contest may well be a show of strength of the maturing conservative blogosphere, which this Party organ has successfully infiltrated.

It is a way for the growing army of cool SOBs to declare their presence: We're cool, we rule, deal with it.

Go here to vote for the ones you know and discover those you haven't met yet.

Report the results and any new discoveries here. A special commissar will be assigned to double-check, verify, and cross-reference all entries.

Coolest SOB In The Conservative Blogosphere Award 2013

I kept clicking around in a circular manner (like muslim thinking) and never managed to get to someplace where they ask me vote for Oleg SOB.

Figured that out.

On another note, I am contemplating to take Islam classes at UCF and keep a blog titled

https://www.wallahi-bilahi.com

Would comment in the blog about the class.

John Frum wrote:I kept clicking around in a circular manner (like muslim thinking) and never managed to get to someplace where they ask me vote for Oleg SOB.
Comrade, is it possible that you were going clockwise rather than counter-clockwise?

Yer kidding me, I've voted three times already.

Throw in a vote for Maksim too, you can pick several people at once.

Like any good Progressive I intend to vote early and often. Please tell me that the Republican racists have not attempted to require voter id to vote. I would hate for any unsavory shenanigans to be halted.

Comrades,

Now you can feel secure at the polling place. I have stationed a few "Safety Patrol" members to aid you. (if necessary)

safe voting.JPG

Congratulations, John Frum, on figuring out how to pull the lever or poke the chad or whatever it is a body has to do to vote. I wouldn't know because you won't share that information. Clearly you are trying to disenfranchise me and suppress my vote!

You don't dare do that with someone who holds a shovel, especially when that someone is me. And you're about to find out why.

WHACK!!!

And where the hell is the bus? Isn't there supposed to be a bus coming to pick me up and take me around to all the polling places? Dammit, I'm calling my lawyer! He'll find a judge—one who's an activist appointed by Clinton with the help of affirmative action, and who isn't held hostage by some flaky piece of paper from over two hundred years ago—and get the voting deadline extended for as long as I want.

I nominate WH paid liar.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/po ... paid-liar/

In an unrelated incident, Carney reports that Pinocchio never said anything inconsistent.

Award for TMI:
Michale Douglass who made his disclosure just in time to send out invitations to Obama Bin Lyin's next not so double secret gay bash.

I've voted, and will continue to vote, for der Red Square.... and will expect extra vodka rations!!

Captain Craptek wrote:Comrades,

Now you can feel secure at the polling place. I have stationed a few "Safety Patrol" members to aid you. (if necessary)
SquirrelPatrol.jpg
Yeah, but they don't seem to be paying much attention...

Only one vote per IP address? I'm (somewhat) outraged at the discrimination against the homeless who have no address.

Anyer Marx wrote:Only one vote per IP address? I'm (somewhat) outraged at the discrimination against the homeless who have no address.
It's worse than that, Comrade - many of the undocumented homers customers actually have SEVERAL homes (the corner of 5th and Main, under the 7th St. bridge, alley between 6th & 7th, etc.) and should be allowed one vote for each "home". Not to even mention the Deceased - who can say where they really live?

I went there and found only Oleg Atbashian @ The People's Cube

I voted and then I looked at the current results and found that there was only one vote.

Mine?

Ruh roh.

Actually, it said Oleg Bash @ The People's Cube a day or two ago when I voted (for the People's Director, of course). Maybe the votes went away when they corrected his name.

That WOULD be the Progressive way :)

R.O.C.K. in the USSA wrote:Ruh roh.

Actually, it said Oleg Bash @ The People's Cube a day or two ago when I voted (for the People's Director, of course). Maybe the votes went away when they corrected his name.

That WOULD be the Progressive way :)
Maybe it's a "Team of One" contest and Greg is winning...

John Frum wrote:Figured that out.

On another note, I am contemplating to take Islam classes at UCF and keep a blog titled

"Oops! Google Chrome could not find a page titled 'www.wallahi-bilahi.com."

Oleg Bash @ The People's Cube was the blogger's error he has just corrected. He got it from my personal email address, where I shortened my last name. It wasn't intended to be my nom de guerre. Or maybe it should?

Kelly Ivanovna/келя ивановна wrote:
John Frum wrote:Figured that out.

"Oops! Google Chrome could not find a page titled 'www.wallahi-bilahi.com."

Just kidding. The site name is free, mean I can get it. I think that fighting islam is too much work. I will better submit. Or will go to Kuwait and serve as sex slave to some spinster there.

Red Square wrote:Oleg Bash @ The People's Cube was the blogger's error he has just corrected. He got it from my personal email address, where I shortened my last name. It wasn't intended to be my nom de guerre. Or maybe it should?

Bashi means head in Turkish. Like in bashibazouk (headless thug) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bashibazouk

I voted for Red Rooster because he told me if I was his slave for a day and, um, put a smiley on his unhappy face and stuff and also voted for him as the coolest SOB that he'd give me a starring role in his next movie because I've got what it takes. Did he win? Has anybody seen him? He doesn't answer my calls anymore.

Every good campaign needs a campaign song.

18976-Undercover_Red_Square_Mrs.jpg

OMG (#2) - I haven't thought of that tuneage in YEARS!

Perfect :)

R.O.C.K. in the USSA wrote:OMG (#2) - I haven't thought of that tuneage in YEARS!

Your the lyric master. I will let you take this one.

El Presidente wrote:
R.O.C.K. in the USSA wrote:OMG (#2) - I haven't thought of that tuneage in YEARS!

Your the lyric master. I will let you take this one.
Pfffft - nonsense - it's your turn.

And Groucho Marxist is better than either of us :)

El Presidente wrote:Every good campaign needs a campaign song.

18976-Undercover_Red_Square_Mrs.jpg
I couldn't pick up a better campaign song myself.

I used to be fond of this album. Nazareth released Hair of the Dog when I was 15 and I got it through my black market dealer friend in the USSR the same year. To my untrained ear it sounded very cool (the original title was actually Heir of the Dog, but in those innocent days the label changed it to a more benign expression). Some of those songs are still great, especially the title tune. As a joke, I translated the refrain into Russian and entertained my friends screaming singing it. And now it's my campaign song, plus I'm being 'shopped next to the sign that spells out the very same refrain. It's like seeing a dream where the reality is indistinguishable from randomly surfacing memories and fragments of the subconscious. Like the People's Cube itself.

Thanks for posting the song! The best cowbell playing ever.

Someone actually uploaded the entire album to YouTube here: Hair of the Dog.

P.S. On a different note, a few years ago in New York, I saw a CD with Nazareth greatest hits in a music store and bought it without even listening to it. It turned out to be a disappointing collection of boring pop ballads. I never listened to it again. It made me hate being a grown-up.

I first heard it whilst traveling with my first band, at somebody's house where we were invited to a party and which had a very good stereo system - it sounded delightful played very loud! I think that may have been the first place I heard Montrose's Space Station #5 as well, another one that gets better the louder it's played :)

R.O.C.K. in the USSA wrote:I think that may have been the first place I heard Montrose's Space Station #5 as well, another one that gets better the louder it's played :)
Ahhh, yes. Montrose. That is a time when "Montrose" was a glorious band and not the name of a predominately gay very liberal neighborhood in Houston.Another great band indeed with a young Sammy Hagar fronting.

Red Square wrote:I used to be fond of this album. Nazareth released Hair of the Dog when I was 15 and I got it through my black market dealer friend in the USSR the same year.

Comrade, Square. I am glad this tune was able to bring back glorious memories of the good ol' days when music was obtained as it should be, through black-market dealers.On a side note. Today one of my young prog students attempted to solve the People's Cube I have sitting in the front of my classroom. When he asked me how to solve it I told him the goal was to get all the center piece emblems on one side. He tried vigorously for about 2.5 minutes before giving up in frustration. I know giving him a meaningful objective violates the concept of the Cube, however, since he will undoubtedly grow up to be a liberal, it is time he learn that unobtainable utopian objectives that cant be achieved is not the goal, it is the effort that truly counts.

R.O.C.K. in the USSA wrote:I first heard it [highlight=#ffff00]whilst[/highlight] traveling with my first band

I say old chap...I never knew you were a limey! Good show!

I'm not Bri-ish - but I DO always say "Bri-ish", and that should count for something, eh mate?

El Presidente wrote:
Red Square wrote:I used to be fond of this album. Nazareth released Hair of the Dog when I was 15 and I got it through my black market dealer friend in the USSR the same year.

Comrade, Square. I am glad this tune was able to bring back glorious memories of the good ol' days when music was obtained as it should be, through black-market dealers.On a side note. Today one of my young prog students attempted to solve the People's Cube I have sitting in the front of my classroom. When he asked me how to solve it I told him the goal was to get all the center piece emblems on one side. He tried vigorously for about 2.5 minutes before giving up in frustration. I know giving him a meaningful objective violates the concept of the Cube, however, since he will undoubtedly grow up to be a liberal, it is time he learn that unobtainable utopian objectives that cant be achieved is not the goal, it is the effort that truly counts.

That's right Comrade! It's not the destination it's The Journey™... is good progressive way.

Now where is that dyslexic Dog lover?

Margaret wrote:I voted for Red Rooster because he told me if I was his slave for a day and, um, put a smiley on his unhappy face and stuff and also voted for him as the coolest SOB that he'd give me a starring role in his next movie because I've got what it takes. Did he win? Has anybody seen him? He doesn't answer my calls anymore.

Dammit Margaret! Will you ever learn?!? This is no way to get big break... must be hush hush sweetkins...

ahem...We have merely been busy in the beet fields with a lovelyapparatchik ahem... rescuing some wild oats from the vileness of kapitalist pig Kabotas...

...very very busy peoples business... ahem...

NOW STOP THIS INCESSANT WHINING!

..oh no.. another aneurism... where's my teddy...