WANTED: Catchy New Slogan for Obama Campaign!

Comrades, Obama needs our help to come up with a catchy new slogan for his 2012 campaign!

https://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2 ... ing-on-it/

The man who made “change we can believe in” and “yes, we can” hallmarks of the 2008 presidential race is still searching for a catchy phrase to define his next campaign.
“We're still working on it,” President Obama told ABC News' Barbara Walters when asked about his slogan in an exclusive pre-Christmas interview.

Yes, he's hard at work, with a laser-like focus, trying to come up with that new slogan. In fact, I'll bet it's the first thing he thinks of when he wakes up in the morning, and the last thing he thinks about when he falls asleep at night.

Here's what you might call the guidelines, which hint at the challenge this poses:

While no official selection has been made 313 days before the election, Obama's campaign team has been testing a mix of pithy phrases meant to reflect the president's accomplishments and vision for the future – all while deflecting attention from the lagging economy and some of the promises from 2008 that didn't quite get fulfilled.

Crafting a slogan for the Obama campaign is like writing certain kinds of poetry. You have a set number of words and syllables in a certain rhythm to work with—in this case, preferably no more than three words. Why only three? Because we want something the masses can chant at Obama rallies, and with their very little brains and short, stubby attention spans, they can't possibly be expected to remember more than three words. One has only to look at Joe Biden to know that even a word made up of three letters—like “jobs”—is not only beyond the comprehension of most progressives, but it's downright unthinkable!

“‘There's a bit of casting about, throwing ideas at the wall,'” an unnamed Obama adviser told Politico's Evan Thomas and Mike Allen in their book “Playbook 2012: The Right Fights Back,” which was released last month. “‘Win the Future followed by We Can't Wait followed by – who knows what comes next?'”

The string of slogans has even become fodder for GOP attacks. The Republican National Committee unveiled a New Year's resolution-themed e-card that pokes fun at the rhetorical potpourri: ”New Slogan: ‘Yes We Can Hope for Change We Can Believe in Because We Can't Wait to Win the Future!'” it reads.

Pppfft! Try and fit all that on a bumpersticker, or a mug, or even an infant onesie. Comrades, we can do better! Obama needs our help! Submit your entries below, and when we have enough, we'll do a poll, in which everyone will get to choose their favorite—and then I'll decide which one is the best—just like Politifact always does with its Lie of the Year!

Commissarka Pinkie is a regular contributor to The People's Cube, and is renowned and admired for her dedication to raising awareness of how much she cares. When she isn't busy making an issue out of everything, she enjoys spending other people's money, occupying other people's property, and beating proles with her shovel.

This is easy! Just like the budgets, we just wait until Rethuglikkans submit theirs, and make fun of it, we proceed with continuing resolution for Hope & Change.

Tovarichi: bon vivant, philosopher, helicopter pilot, orchard keeper, and all around swell guy is known for getting whacked by Pinkies golden shovel of knowledge and justice...

WE'VE UPPED OUR NET WORTH, NOW UP YOURS.

How about something like.

Obama lied and the economy died. or
Great leader lied and the economy died. or
Dear Leader lied and the economy died.

is really catchy, but for some reason I dont thing the propaganda ministry will like it.

Commissarka Pinkie wrote:
The man who made “change we can believe in” and “yes, we can” hallmarks of the 2008 presidential race is still searching for a catchy phrase to define his next campaign.
“We're still working on it,” President Obama told ABC News' Barbara Walters when asked about his slogan in an exclusive pre-Christmas interview.

I wouldn't intuitively think that "We're Still Working On It" would garner many votes, but it's not my place to question The One's infinite wisdom...

Pinkie,

I think perhaps it's now safe for us to do something radically different in designing our bumper-stickers and slogans for reelection of our Dear Leader: Truth in Advertising. It will confuse the Republicans but won't adversely affect support from our youthful base, whose favorite attire is a Che T-shirt, because (a) they are absolutely clueless about the tacit symbolism of the Hammer and Sickle and (b) their perfection of expertise in txtng has obliterated their former slavery to literacy and vocabulary-- OML, OMPC, IB Xprt Alrdy-- NK. Therefore, the sign below illustrates what we may consider for our new Bumper Sticker for 2012:

--Minister of Truth
PS-- Even though I made a successful career of proving truth doesn't matter, it's now time to confound our opponents by embracing the truth of our agenda to belie in order to Transform America. After all, aren't the Transformer movies highly popular among the youthful segments of our base?

In four more years I can get my handicap down to 18!

I heard this a few months ago when it was their common catchphrase. It's perfect and think they should resurrect it...

Winning The Future

Actually, I see they are still using it. Rock on, Dear Leader!

Don't putt on ME!

Elections are a distraction!

Don't change asses midstream!

Keep chocolate rations rising!

The "O"nly thing between YOU and GOP Pitchforks!

Not America, Obama-nation!

Corpsemen agree, "Obama for me!"

In your heart, you know he's Left.

MORE Change, not CHUMP Change!

He's not finished changing yet!

Lean forward, bend over, charge ahead!

Six more years!

Obama-nation, not Constipation!

The Universe is OBAMA COUNTRY!

NOBAMA is Mourning in America

Eat the Rich - Michelle for FLOTUS!

I'm thinking that Commissar Obammunist's best most effective "Campaign Slogan" is:

Hope & Change You Can Believe In
(If You Know What Is Good For You - And Your Family)

All Hail
Our Messiah,
O-Bah-Muh, O Bah-Muh...

Comrades, I submit the following for your disapproval:

Change you WILL believe in.
I signed the National Defense Authorization Act, now vote for me or I'll use it!
You aint seen nothin' yet!
About that change stuff, fuhgettaboutit!
Recovery takes time, I need 2 more terms.
Stay the course, whatever that means.
D.R.A.I.N. (Democrats Really Are In Need)
We made it this far, keep the White House black.
Once you go black, never go back!
If it aint Barak, don't fix it.

Krasnodar wrote:In honor of Cheneane G.'s idea :

Obama WTF.jpg

Krasnodar,

You simply hit the ball so far out of the park it still hasn't hit the ground.

--KOOK

Tovarishi, please accept my first contribution post to this wonderful Party collective.

Don't playa hate – reinaugurate!
Vote Obama – how else are you going to find out what comes after trillion?
Obama - because like a child the debt won't raise itself!
Vote Obama to get free new updates to the Attack Watch website!
Vote for new school lunches - we now only eat the rich.
Obama - because only one leader could unite the Nazi and Communist parties behind one street movement!
UNYTD behind Obama! (UNYTD - Unions Need Your Tax Dollars)
Greek economists for Obama!

A Vote for Obama is Flushed with Success!

dem-logo[2]new.jpg

(Don't forget: "Jiggle the Handle for Barry!")

Here's one with a unifying and upbeat patriotic message:

Obama-Nation!

Pinkie wrote:Commissarka Pinkie is a regular contributor to The People's Cube, and is renowned and admired for her dedication to raising awareness of how much she cares. When she isn't busy making an issue out of everything, she enjoys spending other people's money, occupying other people's property, and beating proles with her shovel.
Ah, yes, Pinkie. You are the complete queen of moral narcissism and the ultimate prog.

In particular I like how you raise awareness of how much you care. Without actually giving a damn. This is a great moral sleight-of-hand.

As for me, I'm adopting the slogan, "I'm caring my fare share and more."

Do you Care Your Fair Share?

Save effort. "Vote Obama in 2012 and never vote again!"

"In 2012, One Man, One Vote, One Time."

"We Care so pay up"

"We Care so roll over"

"We're special and you're mean."

I hear Pelosi suggested: We have to re-elect this president so we can find out what he will do.

Possibly but then let's remember that it's always a waste of time to elect a person more than once.

BOBO
2012!

Bend Over for Barack Obama - 2012

BOBO! That's great! ROCK, I salute you in finding the perfect slogan for Dear O'Leader.

Yes we scam!
"God damn America!" (quote from Obama's preacher)
Obama: Looking for "moderate Talian" since 2004!
Obama: Because no one else is willing to stimulate hardcore leftist women!

2012 - Because the country has to know...

Money Black Hole.jpg

... and of course "He's our father".

Ah, Comrades! Now we understand the meaning of MSNBC's slogan, "Lean Forward"--which is basically another way of saying, "Bend Over".

But more than that, now we understand what Obama means by "leading from behind."

Yes, America has rapidly become the butt of Obama's jokes.

And that's why I vote Democrat. Because it's cool to be an ass.

My humble slogan suggestion that I think captures our President perfectly and the direction he is leading us in and where we will really end up after 4 more years of him.

Father Prog Theocritus wrote:
Pinkie wrote:Commissarka Pinkie is a regular contributor to The People's Cube, and is renowned and admired for her dedication to raising awareness of how much she cares. When she isn't busy making an issue out of everything, she enjoys spending other people's money, occupying other people's property, and beating proles with her shovel.
Ah, yes, Pinkie. You are the complete queen of moral narcissism and the ultimate prog.

In particular I like how you raise awareness of how much you care. Without actually giving a damn. This is a great moral sleight-of-hand.

As for me, I'm adopting the slogan, "I'm caring my fare share and more."

Do you Care Your Fair Share?
Theocritus, just last night I was watching ABC World News with Diane Sawyer. Diane was in New Hampshire, walking down the street and ducking into cafes, shaking hands with the masses and saying, "Hi, I'm Diane!" At one point I asked myself, "WTF? Is SHE running for president?" but then I realized that she, like me, is an ultimate prog, simply raising everyone's awareness of not only her own self-importance, but of how much she cares about that self-importance.

Why shouldn't I do the same?

Hence the bio, so everyone will know who I am. Because I think the masses want to know who I am. How else to explain why I've received more marriage proposals at The People's Cube than I ever have in all the years I've spent hanging out in bars hoping for a pickup?

No more. From now on I'm going to be like Diane Sawyer. I'm going to strut down the street and duck into bars and cafes and wherever the masses gather, and grab people's hands and say, "Hi, I'm Pinkie!" like they should care who I am.

Because they should, dammit! After all, I do. And I'd never ask anyone to do anything I wouldn't do myself--least of all this.

Pinkie....... people would instantly care who you are once they see " The Shovel ".

And keeping in mind your instrument of persuasion and recognition, have you ever seen
"Mystery Men"?

Commissarka Pinkie wrote: Hence the bio, so everyone will know who I am. Because I think the masses want to know who I am. How else to explain why I've received more marriage proposals at The People's Cube than I ever have in all the years I've spent hanging out in bars hoping for a pickup?
As I pondered Pinkie in bed just now, with her future husband (no, no, get your minds out of the gutter, they were SLEEPING!, sheesh), it occurred to me that there's one thing (OK, maybe two) that simply must be asked: do you tuck in the shovel? And is it in between the two of you or on a side?

A catchy slogan..., hmm. That's a toughy. You commies really got your work cut out for you. The whole dynamic of this election is so much different than in 2008. Back then Obama garnered a lot of votes because a lot of people wanted to vote for the first black president. They can only do that once. "Yes We Can" didn't just mean voting for the democrat, it meant voting for the first black president. Now, the novelty's worn off.

Obama's shtick for this election is tireless crusader for the middle-class. He's even willing to throw out the constitutional limits of his presidential powers and undermine the rule of law just for the middle-class. Very big of him. In light of all that, or perhaps in spite of it, you commies need a slogan that doesn't mean a damn thing about Obama or you or anything whatsoever but gives a wonderful false sense of belonging; so I submit the most banal, trite, stupid, moronic, insipid slogan I can think of. What is this election about? Us. Together.

You And Me

I am of the belief that Pinkie's shovel rates its own room. (upstairs, of course. privacy is a concern...)

$.$. Halliburton wrote:A catchy slogan..., hmm. That's a toughy. You commies really got your work cut out for you. The whole dynamic of this election is so much different that in 2008. Back then Obama garnered a lot of votes because a lot of people wanted to vote for the first black president. They can only do the once. "Yes We Can" didn't just mean voting for the democrat, it meant voting for the first black president. Now, the novelty's worn off.

Obama's shtick for this election is tireless crusader for the middle-class. He's even willing to throw out the constitutional limits of his presidential powers and undermine the rule of law just for the middle-class. Very big of him. In light of all that, or perhaps in spite of it, you commies need a slogan that doesn't mean a damn thing about Obama or you or anything whatsoever but gives a wonderful false sense of belonging; so I submit the most banal, trite, stupid, moronic, insipid slogan I can think of. What is this election about? Us.

You And Me

Ah, but everything Obama does is historic! Everything to do with Obama is historic! Remember all the fuss that was made when he appointed first Sonia Sotomayor and then Elena Kagan to the Supreme Court! It was historic! Historic! Historic because until then there'd never been three women on the Supreme Court before! And if he could appoint a fourth, it'd be more historic still, because there have never been four women on the Supreme Court before.

Do you see what I'm getting at, Unky Hal? Of course not--you're just a dumb racist Rethug blinded by all that black oil pouring down your face--the only black thing you like!

No black has ever been RE-ELECTED to the presidency before! Ever! Therefore, Obama's re-election will be historic! And those of us who care want to be part of history! Those of us who care want to be part of something special! Those of us who care want to make a difference! So what better way to make a difference and be part of something special and thus prove that we care (and that we're not racist), than to make history by re-electing a black person to the presidency?!?

Now, $$, do you have anything of substance to contribute to this thread--like a good Obama slogan, perhaps?

Anything?

Anything at all?

My goodness, I'm cut to the quick.

In that case, you commies will have to rely on your wits.

Bwahahahah!!! That's a joke, kid. Get it? You commies. Wits. Ha, ha!

I crack me up.

"VOTE OBAMA! or Pinky finds out you didn't..."

Snoogie, I do admire your imagery but please bear in mind that we Made Progs don't actually go down with the ship. We have contrived so that we have life rafts. Think of all the people in the dear Old Mother country. Why, you'd think that since the USSR fell apart, they'd be out of chips. But no. They're the new oligarchs. Gazprom. All that. And think of the possibilities of the NKVD, no, KGB, no FSB. Sorry. I keep getting these things confused.

But really, it's all the same old shit. We're nasty as we can be, we have sharp elbows; we'll get ours.

And bear in mind that the assumed entitlement of "ours" is entirely mete and just.

Because we say it is.

Theocritus, I'm surprised at you. Life rafts? Who's to say the proles still won't try to get into them and swamp you?

Haven't you ever seen any James Bond movies, like The Spy Who Loved Me? Or any sci-fi flicks, like Alien? Or comedies, like Air Force One starring Harrison Ford?

Thanks to Hollywood, as an Ultimate Prog I eschew life rafts in favor of the escape pod. Escape pods are warm and cozy, comfortably upholstered, and always come with fully stocked bars. You can get drunk in them and have sex for hours. Try doing that in a life raft without capsizing it.

Escape pods do not have to be lowered from the doomed vessel--if you've ever seen Diamonds Are Forever, then you know the serious design flaw with Blofeld's. Instead they shoot out like a bullet, far from the epicenter of the disaster.

I'm still surprised that such a good prog like Leonardo DiCaprio didn't have one on Titanic--unless he lost it in that card game back in Southampton prior to winning the ticket, and that scene ended up on the cutting-room floor. That's the only explanation I can think of for why, after Kate Winslet freed him from the handcuffs, he didn't say, "Follow me to my solar-powered escape pod!"

Given our Premiers laser like penchant for proclivity to stay on the golf course.

obama2012golfcourse45.jpg

obama2012stayoncourse111.jpg

images.jpg

Pinkie has a valid point. If Amerikkan warplanes were properly equipped with escape pods, perhaps the movie "Pearl Harbor" would not have sucked so badly.

Obama 2012, 2016, 2020...ALWAYS AGAIN!

From what I've seen of the bumperstickers so far, most people are using the

bumpersticker. It's got the Obama logo and the year 2012. And that's it. It's the safest thing for the democratic party to use. 2012. Yep, it is. Nothing like - The New Frontier, He Kept Us Out of War, I Like Ike, or even the claim: It Could Have Been Worse. Just: 2012. And this is great for the made Prog voting block. But for the swarms of newly arrived in the democratic party base who want to continue to enjoy the privileges of democratic party society that is the promise of Obama I think something like:

! Si Obama !

would be good.

ProgOff.jpg
Speaking of escape pods, anybody seen any for the USSA if you know who gets reelected?

ProgOn.jpg
Party on, comrades! It's nearly Next Tuesday™!!

Margaret wrote:From what I've seen of the bumperstickers so far, most people are using the

bumpersticker. It's got the Obama logo and the year 2012. And that's it. It's the safest thing for the democratic party to use. 2012. Yep, it is. Nothing like - The New Frontier, He Kept Us Out of War, I Like Ike, or even the claim: It Could Have Been Worse. Just: 2012. And this is great for the made Prog voting block. But for the swarms of newly arrived in the democratic party base who want to continue to enjoy the privileges of democratic party society that is the promise of Obama I think something like:

! Si Obama !

would be good.
Obama Si, America No?

Ah yes, escape pods. That is what we need. Escape pods. We need escape pods from the upcoming financial disaster.

Now no, no, comrades, don't think I'm becoming responsible, and here I deliver a delicate shudder. I'm a Made Prog, after all. But really, you can spend more than you take in and eventually you have to pay the piper. But when you see the headlight of the oncoming train, you really start to think of an escape pod.

And so I have a good one. Blame Bush. I heard Debbie Wasserman Schultz today on Faux Noise. Don't you love her hair? Dear Janeane Gawdawfulho calls her for advice for greaseproof clothing. Debbie told the utter truth: that Dear O'Leader had been lied to by the Bu$hitler. And that's why things aren't Elysian fields filled with unicorns instead of Chicago thugs running the country into the ground because there's just nothing like a good crisis. Dear Rahm. You're so right, you sorry, nasty, vicious bastard. You're my hero, and one day I hope to cause as much random destruction of lives and character and fortune as you've been able to do and you will do if you're not stopped by karma, good sense, or any slight sense of justice that might exist in the world to put an end to Stalinists like you.

But you know I love you.

Because you're a Stalinist, Chicago thug. And that's enough for me.

Stalin2.jpg
Well said, Theo. Nobody could lay the smack down like Uncle Joe !

I believe this captures the essence of his leadership. On to 2012!!!!!!!!!

golf_Obama.jpg

Yesterday I saw a car with a MONDALE - FERRARO bumpersticker. We're all about lost causes, from way, way back. (For those of you that don't know Monadale/Ferraro lost 49 States in the 1984 election; only winning one State, Minnesota... by 3761 votes.) But lost causes die hard. So I think, in line with the noble but doomed dignity of defeat that the vanguard of the night watch of despotism and dictatorship adopt a defiant exclamatory slogan and rallying cry in preparation of our certain landslide defeat in 2012:

The Democrats Shall Rise Again!

Comrade Otis wrote:Yesterday I saw a car with a MONDALE - FERRARO bumpersticker. We're all about lost causes, from way, way back. (For those of you that don't know Monadale/Ferraro lost 49 States in the 1984 election and only won one State, Minnesota, by 3761 votes.) But lost causes die hard. So I think, in line with the noble but doomed dignity of defeat, that the vanguard of the night watch of despotism and dictatorship might adopt a defiant exclamatory slogan and rallying cry in preparation of our certain landslide defeat in 2012:

What do you mean "SHALL Rise Again"?

Thousands of dead DЭMOCЯAT voters always rise from their graves to vote in Cook County, Candem County-NJ and in New Orleans, in every election!

And if you don't learn to respect our DЭMOCЯAT strategery, you may wind up joining our necro-voting block.

Arrangements for getting out the necro-proxy vote by the Obama administration are already being made.

ObamaCare 2012.jpg

Comrade Otis wrote:Yesterday I saw a car with a MONDALE - FERRARO bumpersticker. We're all about lost causes, from way, way back. (For those of you that don't know Monadale/Ferraro lost 49 States in the 1984 election; only winning one State, Minnesota... by 3761 votes.) But lost causes die hard. So I think, in line with the noble but doomed dignity of defeat that the vanguard of the night watch of despotism and dictatorship adopt a defiant exclamatory slogan and rallying cry in preparation of our certain landslide defeat in 2012:

Talk about a blast from the past. At the risk of dating myself (because this WAS in 1984), I once passed up a perfectly good parking space in an otherwise jampacked parking lot, because it would've meant parking next to a car with a Mondale/Ferraro bumpersticker on the back. I seriously did not want my beloved Chevy anywhere near that pathetic cootie emitter. I was about to turn into the space, saw the car next to it sporting that bumpersticker, said something along the lines of, "Ewww!" then stepped on the gas and moved on.

True story.

Ohhh.... this is going to be exciting. I've been working on this for days. I think we should use the dreamy words from the last election thingy. Something like "Believe In Hope" Or maybe, "Hope Is The Dream". "Yes I Can" captures his leadership style. "Change Is Now" makes ya think. How about "Changing Hope"? We could go after the those other guys with "They...Think They... Can" So far I like this one the best
BarackObamaBeyondHope.jpg

Commissarka Pinkie wrote:Talk about a blast from the past. Etc, etc, etc...

I was staying at a hotel overlooking Union Square in San Francisco and they were having a Mondale/Ferraro rally in Union Square and they both were there. The crowds were huge and I had this terrible sinking feeling, looking out the window at the throngs of people. It seemed the entire world was for Mondale and against Reagan. I felt very much like I have for the last few years since the democrats took the congress. Despair. And then came the election and the landslide for Reagan and I thought - how stupid I was for worrying!

None of that now. That was a long time ago.

Now, now, now. Fritz did win one state after all, you know, by less than one vote per voting precinct. But hey! That's a win for Fritz!

[ off ]Pinkie, your story amuses me much. In 1985 I quite dating someone because he said he voted for Mondale. And in Midland, Texas! Jeez. That was like having "Child Molester" branded on your forehead. He was embarrassed, as he damned well ought to have been. Then even the gay parties had queens trashing the Democrats. I'm not making this up. And you ought to have heard some of the comments in oh 1993 or so about our dear Many Titted Empress. Imagine the Night of Long Tongues.

I am thinking that Crystal Moon's proposal provides the true vision of Dear Leader (PBUH) and the future of the Party! Hope is what got us here, and we should get over beyond it!

Nice work, Crystal. May there be many beets in your cupboard this winter. (and get some rest, you look a bit tired.)

Only thing I can think of is:

A very, very, very long bumper sticker saying:

Does $16,000,000,000,000 trill cash money give you a thrill!

How 'bout

Obama 2012: 5 million life impaired voters can't be wrong!

Yes comrade

I do want to believe ......

I saw the sticker today in Corpus Christi TX.

Obama 2012
Don't re-nig!

(clearly encouraging voters to keep their promises )

Yes, of course, Tovarichi! Encouraging voters to keep their promises!

Obama 2012, Don't Re-nig!

Ouch! Ow! Ow! Ow! Ow!

OK. How's about this one, Tovi, you know, where they're always bitching about the "ideal" of "compromise" and how "deep and wonderful" an idea it is. I always suggest something like this: Do you want food or poison? Howdoya compromise with that? Hmmmmm? (BTW, they never answer.)

Recently heard this, and I really like it!

"Show me a "good" loser and, I'll show you, like, a.............loooooooooser!"

Huh? Huh? Snort! Bwaahaahaaa!

(Ahem, um, er, just a suggestion.) ; • )

We beg you to vote for Obama.
obama-pray.jpg
Obama - Begging dictators and tyrants to forgive us evil imperialists. Obama begs for your sins.

SLUT is this year's HOPE - soon to replace old Obama's slogans and become the main Obama 2012 campaign theme.

Let us praise Ms. Fluke. She is cutting down on optional-pregnancy services. I know that a True Believer will throw herself between an abortion protestor and a health-care provider finishing off a fetus which managed to survive outside the mother's body. You know, the bill that dear O'Leader voted for in Illinois. If the surgeon can't dismember the baby in the mother's body, he gets another chance outside. And let's never mind the woman with one arm who knows that she has one arm because her mother wanted to kill her.

The reason that SLUT is so important is the cost savings. After all, abortion is just birth control just as decapitation is a headache cure.

Peace, Land, Bread Hope, Change

Never Underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups: Obama 2012!

We Will Bury You (...in taxes)

Four Years Good, Two Terms Better

"I'll give everyone in America an iPod with my speeches on it."

"A chicken in every pot? A hand on every wallet!"

"We're watching you so you don't have to!"

"Your paycheck is the bit we haven't managed to get yet."

Crystal Moon wrote:Ohhh.... this is going to be exciting. I've been working on this for days. I think we should use the dreamy words from the last election thingy. Something like "Believe In Hope" Or maybe, "Hope Is The Dream". "Yes I Can" captures his leadership style. "Change Is Now" makes ya think. How about "Changing Hope"? We could go after the those other guys with "They...Think They... Can" So far I like this one the best
BarackObamaBeyondHope.jpg
Ya know, Crystal Moon,

I've done some research into this "beyond" advertising gimmick for years. It's a trend! Just today I Googled the word "beyond" and found these examples to choose from:

Beyond Diet
Beyond Scared Straight
Beyond Compare
Beyond Good and Evil
Beyond The Black Rainbow
Beyond Wonderland
Beyond The Whiteboard
Beyond The Pale

It goes on and on! I mean, you can say Beyond ANYTHING and it will get some traction somewhere! Like I said, it's a trend.

Everything has to be Beyond Something because what actually is happening isn't cutting it. So we have to go "beyond" it!

But your beautiful, insightful poster, Beyond Hope, transcends (while including) them all!

If it were up to me I'd make you the winner. But, of course, it's not (up to me).

NextTuesdayPutt.jpg
Father Prog, it's good to see you - things have occasionally (well, most of the time) gotten out of hand in here without your fatherly guidance.

ROCK. you are so kind, but please, since you are a member of the prog elite, know that not a single one of us knows anything about anything for there is nothing to us but, well, what we say there is.

I'll give you an example. Take Diane Sawyer. Take away her bleach, her collagen injections, and her attitude, and there would be nothing there but a rag, a bone, and a hank of hair.

So again I thank you for appreciating my fatherly advice, but it's just old-fashioned bullshit that hasn't been exposed yet.

But do not by any means tell people that I said that. They might wonder about the wisdom of Dear O'Leader, who, and this is strictly in camera, is nothing more than a realized Cliff's Notes of totalitarianism.

We're progs because we have nothing of value. We are progs because we cannot stand a universe which doesn't bow to us. We are progs because our lives are a constant tantrum that the very laws of physics do not consult us first.

Our lives are tantrums.

What with all his broken promises about Guantanamo and war and stuff, (and of course I think Obama is a really nice guy and all) I would submit, for want of a graphic:

NOPE AND CHANGE!
Just use the same shit he used in 2008! What's the BFD about changing one letter? Jeesh! You'd think it was the Constitution or something. Ewe! As if?

I heard some reich-wingnut RethugliKKKan asking, snidely, "How's that hopey-changey thing working for you?"

Perfectly. The economy of the world is in the dumper; the government pisses away increasing money; people are all entitled; no one wants to work; we are all owed everything.

As dear Rahm Emanuel said, "A crisis is a terrible thing to waste." And he ought to know.

Watch Chicago. As Chicago goes, so goes the world. Down the toilet.

And good riddance.

Indeed. For how can we rebuild the glorious world of Next Tuesday™, if the current world of racism, capitalism, and patriarchical oppression is not torn down first?

Utterly, ROCK. After all, how can we insure true freedom if our feet are not on their necks?

Only when we have absolute power will humankind, er, animalkind, er, everything with carbon in it, er, and rocks too, be free.

It sounds contradictory, of course, but only by surrendering all freedom can progressives known the complete bliss of complete freedom, knowing that we are free from the responsibility of being, paying, saving, being honest, consistent, or kind.

The government does that. Mother Government.

I feel SOOOOOOO warm and fuzzy right now, just thinking about it - my toes are curling in anticipation of Next Tuesday™!!!