Mamas, Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up Jihadis

by Willie Nelson and Laika The Space Dog

Terrorists ain't easy to love and they're harder to hold.
They'd rather give you a bomb than diamonds or gold.
Suicide bomb buckles and old faded kaffiyehs,
And each night begins a new day.
If you don't understand him, an' he don't die young,
He'll just hack your head away.

Mamas, don't let your babies grow up jihadis.
Don't let 'em bomb cafes or explode them old trucks.
Let 'em be imams and mullahs and such.
Mamas don't let your babies grow up jihadis.
'Cos they'll never stay home and they're always alone.
Even with those virgins to love.

Terrorists like smokey old road bombs and clear mountain hideouts,
Little warm AK's and cell phones and hijacked flights.
Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do,
Sometimes won't know how to take him.
He ain't wrong, he's just different but Islam won't let him,
Do things to make you think he's right.

Mamas, don't let your babies grow up jihadis.
Don't let 'em bomb cafes or explode them old trucks.
Let 'em be imams and mullahs and such.
Mamas don't let your babies grow up jihadis.
'Cos they'll never stay home and they're always alone.
Even with those virgins to love.

<sniffle... sniffle>.... so moving... so moving... <sniff>... Laika, you are truly The People's Artist... Does this mean you will be on the bill for the next Bednyak-Aid Concert?

No. No benefits, strictly cash on the barrel head.
And no James Taylor or Yusef Islam....too damn depressing, good musicians....I dunno, maybe...
But for you SMO, I just may do some Gordon Lightfoot. My wife and I sat on stage while he played here at Hartwood Acres once. Big Gordon fan...he loves W. PA too.
Check out his tune "Sweet Guinevere".

While I like this one, my fav is "Imagine There's No Israel" it's sings of the result of the great progressive jihad. Just gets me every time.

RedtheProgressiveHedgehog wrote:While I like this one, my fav is "Imagine There's No Israel" it's sings of the result of the great progressive jihad. Just gets me every time.

I often sing those very lyrics to my students.

I think my favorite song (though technically, it is not a "song") is Roger Waters spray-painting lyrics of social and global justice on the Zionist Apartheid Wall.

Image <br>http://www.waronwant.org/Roger+Waters+g ... +12377.twl

The unwashed toinling masses cannot function without thought control. Thought control is what makes our edukation systems so great!

Roger's gotten older but he's never going to grow up, is he?

Ahh...but think about it ....We don't need NO thought control.
This is an actual endorsement FOR "Thought Control".

I wonder how many people have slit their wrists listening to Pink Floyd?
Now don't get me wrong. I saw them 3rd row at Three Rivers back on Memorial Day 1988 or was it '87..I was able to jump up off my chair and punch the pig as it floated past on a cable...it's just not what you'd call "Happy, Feel Good Music".
My wife only lets me play Umma Gumma on Halloween. Maybe Roger meant "Ummah Gumma"?
Careful with that Axe Abu...I mean Eugene.

Laika the Space Dog wrote:it's just not what you'd call "Happy, Feel Good Music".

When they broke away from that avant-garde stuff they were doing in the late '60s and released Dark Side of the Moon they finally started playing music that was enjoyable to listen to even when you weren't tripping on psychedelics. But I always considered The Wall to be, though some great licks - especially by David Gilmore - little more than a very public primal scream by Waters about his anguish over his dad getting killed in World War II. More crying, weak liberal, bleeding heart crap that needs the back-bone of strong communism and revolutionary fervor to give it some real meaning.

Hey, Roger! Leave the Jews alone

I used to like Pink Floyd until the Wall came out. That's when my affection for them vanished. My teenage mind couldn't formulate the reason; I just sensed there was something seriously wrong with that concept - and all the ensuing enthusiasm around it only made it worse.

I can't believe it's been 27 years since the release of the album - and Roger Waters is still circling the globe like some international housing inspector, targeting various walls for demolition with his spray paint bottle. One might think this principled and highly idealistic man had long ago demolished every wall in his own house, leaving nothing to protect him and his expensive property from the elements, burglars, and curious onlookers. Because otherwise he comes off as a ridiculous hypocrite - and all his writings on other people's walls have no more meaning than the stains left by a dog marking its territory.

From today's vantage point The Wall's entire concept seems to be an epitome of the decadent, post-modernist, half-witted deconstructionism spreading doom and gloom to the masses, proving by example that no intellectual or moral criteria exist any longer for anything at all. The whole wall metaphor is inconsistent and unworkable - and the fact that critics don't talk about it just shows their own intellectual and moral failure. Instead, this hare-brained attempt at a serious artistic conceptualization of modern life has been blown out of proportion and turned into some freaking symbol of something which it is not. If it ever symbolized anything, it would be the self-hatred of the impotent, narcissistic and guilt-ridden liberal elites who are inviting the destruction of the Western civilization and are opposing any attempts by their more reasonable compatriots to protect their culture and the way of life.

The Berlin Wall concert and all the hoopla around it only makes sense if one perceives the collectivist Eastern Bloc as humanity's last hope and salvation from the dark despair of the Western alienated, individualistic lifestyle. Ever since, Waters has been obsessed with writing crap on various walls thinking that it adds something to the concept which I'm sure he himself doesn't understand completely and won't be able to formulate in one sentence.

This act of writing on the "Zionist Apartheid Wall" is taking his career of a cheap poser to a fittingly absurd end. Sadly, in this photo we see a once talented musician and songwriter performing an Orwellian ritual of denouncing the rationality of human existence.

Hey, Roger! Leave the Jews alone. All in all, you're just another Westerner bamboozled with wacky "progressive" theories that killed your creativity and turned you into a self-hating, self-destructive caricature of once great artist.

Pookie of Free Republic posted a link to this song in his Today's Toons thread today (actually two Cube links in the "In Case You Missed It Dept.")

https://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1772084/posts

And further down that thread he also posted this song (I couldn't find the Midi file for it).

Thanks, Pookie. But if I were to write it, I'd replace "Girl, the name of the game is love" with "Comrade, the name of the game is Marxism / On your mark get set / Let the progress start / And just a-keep the cube rollin' / Comrade right into the masses" But then again, some comrades are more equal than I am in the songwriting department (Laika).

KEEP THE CUBE ROLLIN'
Jay and The Techniques

Keep the cube rollin'
Keep the cube rollin'
Girl, the name of the game is love
On your mark get set
Let the kissin' start
And just a-keep the cube rollin'
Baby right into my heart

How can you ask me to try
And get by with just one little kiss
The kissin' you do
I need a second helpin' too
When you light the fire in my heart
And every part of me is burning
You've got to put your lips closer to mine, girl
You got to follow it through
(You got to follow it through)

Keep the cube rollin'
Keep the cube rollin'
On your mark get set
Let the kissin' start
Baby right into my heart

Half of a loaf isn't better than none
When I'm starvin' for you
Don't hold me tight if every night we stop at two
If you want me there when you call
Then girl, it's all or nothing
Next time you do
You got to put your lips closer to mine
Girl you got to follow it through

And just keep the cube rollin' baby
Keep the cube rollin'
On your mark get set
Let the kissin' start
Baby right into my heart

Julia Gorin just posted my anti-Waters rant above in the Political Mavens blog -

https://politicalmavens.com/index.php/2 ... ews-alone/

Wasn't the Berlin Wall affectionately referred to as the "Anti-Fascist Wall" by the GDR?

Laika the Space Dog wrote:I wonder how many people have slit their wrists listening to Pink Floyd?
Now don't get me wrong. I saw them 3rd row at Three Rivers back on Memorial Day 1988 or was it '87..I was able to jump up off my chair and punch the pig as it floated past on a cable...it's just not what you'd call "Happy, Feel Good Music".
My wife only lets me play Umma Gumma on Halloween. Maybe Roger meant "Ummah Gumma"?
Careful with that Axe Abu...I mean Eugene.
I personally went to high school with four... one was definitely a several species of small furry animals kinda guy, but three were more comfortably numb...

... for myself... I'd have to say Relics, Wish You Were Here, and Animals... Wish You Were Here and Shine On You Crazy Diamond are two of the all time best rock songs every written, bar none... But then there's Animals... and I had a really surreal experience on my last trip to Israel, up on the temple mount, that involved Welcome to the Machine...

... ahhh... was just cathching up and for some reason missed this part of thread... am having warm flashback to grade 8 and grade 9... and 10... and 11... &tc... And now, for some reason, can't get Julia Dream out of my head... you have a way of doing that to me, Laika.... but at least this time it's not Dexy's Midnight Runners...

Yes... Mr. Lightfoot... truly a People's Hero... have you heard his moving rendition of The Wreck of the K-141 Kursk? Makes me weep every time... especially when he starts singing about the hydrogen peroxide leak...

Best not even start in on Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention... Other kids listened to Sesame Street records... Dad played me Flo and Eddie... Given his proclivity for Human/Appliance relations, I wonder if the Chairman has ever heard Dynamo Hum?.... Come to think of it, he'd make an excellent Dental Floss Tycoon... we can get him a pair of zircon encrusted tweezers for his birthday...

S.M.O.

ps... how much more collectivist can you get than "I've got a bike, you can ride it if you like. It's got a basket, a bell that rings and things to make it look good... I'd give it to you if I could but I borrowed it... "?
Sorry.... I'm still mourning Sid...

bILLY tHE mOUNTAIN

I've got a brand new pair of roller skates, you've got a brand new key.....Melanie Safka.

Laika the Space Dog wrote:bILLY tHE mOUNTAIN

I've got a brand new pair of roller skates, you've got a brand new key.....Melanie Safka.
GAAH.... STOP IT!!! It's just cruel already....

... I think that we should get nanana and
Try them nana see...
I been lookin' around awhile
You nana nothing for me....
Oh, I nananananana roller skates
nanana brand new key...

I got a brand new flying space dog
Please stop torturing me....
I think that we should initiate Star Wars
and set that doggy free....
It's been messin' with people's brainwaves
and tinfoil hats don't suit me...
Laika's transmitting corny lyrics
Now Laika's going 'to sleep'....

I got a brand new cosmo-doggy
One that doesn't have flees
It doesn't mess with my gray matter
Doesn't bring me to my knees.
I've been suffering, singing bad music,
and hearing it while I dream...
Laika's sending me coded messages,
In space they won't hear you scream.....

HERE DOGGY DOGGY DOGGY!!!!

We were so close there was no room
We bled inside each other's wounds
We all had caught the same disease
And we all sang the songs of sleeze

Muwahahahah!

SMO....

What's a girl like you
Doing in a place like this?
Do you come here often?
Wait a minute. . .
I've got it . . .
You're an Italian . . .
What? You're Jewish?
Love your nails . . .
You must be a Libra . . .
Your place or mine?
Your place or mine?
Your place or mine?
Your place or mine?
Your place or mine?
Your place or mine?

Which got me thinking since you brought up Zappa...the Cube had been doing that piece on toasters and I had forgotten about L. Ron Hoover . . . at the First Church of Appliantology! Thanks for reminding me....

I'm going to head over to Alva's Garage for a coupla quarts of beer, tinnitis, and nutty liberal preaching. Have you seen his latest on "State's Rights"...total leftist regurgitation?

Laika the Space Dog wrote:We were so close there was no room
We bled inside each other's wounds
We all had caught the same disease
And we all sang the songs of sleeze

Muwahahahah!
I feel like we're bringing out the summer camp songs now... I have a horrible version of Four Leaf Clover that begins:
I'm looking over
My dead dog Rover
That I overran with my lawnmower...

I'll stop there in deference...

Laika the Space Dog wrote:Which got me thinking since you brought up Zappa...the Cube had been doing that piece on toasters and I had forgotten about L. Ron Hoover . . . at the First Church of Appliantology! Thanks for reminding me....
THANK YOU!!! FINALLY!!!
Laika the Space Dog wrote:I'm going to head over to Alva's Garage for a coupla quarts of beer, tinnitis, and nutty liberal preaching. Have you seen his latest on "State's Rights"...total leftist regurgitation?
Just remind him, "The white zone is for loading and unloading only..."

... hmm... now that I think about it, we don't have an official Central Scrutinizer at The Cube, do we?

BTW - the new KitchenAid mixer I'm getting for my birthday speaks Walloon... learned from a waffle maker...

I'm looking over
My dead dog Rover
That I overran with my lawnmower...
one leg is missing, the other one's gone...
nananana all over the lawn

YES, yes Pravda!!!

... one leg is missing, the other is gone...
one leg is spread out all over the lawn...
No need explaining, the one remaining, is under the car port door...
Oh, I'm looking over my dead dog Rover, than I overran with my lawnmower...

Ahhh... such fond memories of summer camp...

I've got a freezer full of Snipe.
I used to bag about twenty a night when I was at summer camp.
Buffalo Snipe Wings...mmm mmm good!

ah... yes... the proverbial snipe... well... I've got an entire pantry full of pickled red herring if you wanna bring some of that snipe over... nothing better than a little pickled schmultz herring on rye with some... well.. schmult... Breakfast of Ukrainians!!! ... of Ukrainian Champions!!!

Isn't Willie Nelson gay? Or was he just the first country singer to boldly write about gay cowboys, or gay sheepboys, or gay something or another?

Yep; I knew it: https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wi ... id=1620186

"Cowboys Are Frequently, Secretly (Fond of Each Other)" Wow. Now that's a hoot. Who coulda known?

Sorry, SMO, I don't speak jive. Does this translate as "WTF, mate"?

Yes... but I also fell asleep on my keyboard... you choose...

If that happened shouldn't the product look something like this:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Premier Betty wrote:If that happened shouldn't the product look something like this:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
My tongue piercing was sticking out... Shift + ?/

Oh. How were you able to hit both the Shift key, and the ?/ key at the same time? A combination of the tongue ring and lip stud/nose ring, lung piercing?

Betty - most keyboards have two Shift keys. The one on the right is right next to ?/ which is right opposite the Z. Could it be that SMO is dyslexic? That would explain the sleeping patterns she complains about. Instead of Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz she gets ????????????? and that's just not healthy.

Comrade Red Square,

You are, of course correct... about everything... even if it conflicts...

The /? key is directly beside the right side Shift key on most keyboards and so it was that which I was speaking of... I only know of it having learned to 'touch type' before the days of computers when it was still required for girls to learn in school (if you can believe it... despite the fact that I attended high school in the 80's, it was the Prairies, where women were still expected to opt for secretarial school instead of something more manly, like computer programming... )...

Then, of course, I am dyslexic... no... not mixing up letters.. I am technically dyslexic and find it impossible to read technical information and instructions... I must be shown how to do, and then I have no problems learning. Is something to do with ADD, I'm told, as is my synaesthesia...

Sleeping patterns are disturbed from prednisone I am taking as test for new rheumatologist, so he can discern exactly how much of my symptoms are a result of inflammatory processes, and how much is nerve damage etc... but as side effect, because it is steroidal, medication gives one ludicrous amounts of energy and insomnia... hence my ability to post every two hours...

And yes... because I cannot sleep, things are going through my head constantly and is making me slightly crazy... I am questioning by nature, so it problematic when brain won't shut off... even makes for weird dreams... Of course, I could always just take a bucket-load of Valium, but I find it makes me a bit weepy, and until the revolution comes there is more than enough in the world to make me sad. The only workable option is to focus all my energies on the People's cause. It would be criminal not to use this surplus of energy for anything but... even if the results are slightly more psychotic than Betty and my experiments of last year with monkey extract and power staplers... I am getting a lot of shovelling done... and have alphabetized all the cans in my kitchen cupboards... and cat has pedicure.. and have washed all the windows... and am about to re-grout the shower... then maybe nap for a couple minutes...

Chairman M. S. Punchenko wrote:Wasn't the Berlin Wall affectionately referred to as the "Anti-Fascist Wall" by the GDR?
Comrade Punchenko, hypothesis positively confirmed!

(details here and here)
(in People's anti-Trump hyperventilation chamber !)

(and: hypothesis positively confirmed)

Ok, the comrades have been talking a whole lot of Floyd and pink LLoyds in the present time continuum. Red Square says everything we need to know about The Wall in this very thread.

Every comrade knows something about Floyd, it seems. Some things, may, or may not,even be true, according to current on the street interviews at protests.
What does this mean?

There is much equality in the first page and a half here at people's karaoke