Cave-men and Cave-wymen!

Calling all academics! Calling all academics!

We need more research into the ultimate of modern, sustainable living: caves! This article from the LA Times explains how millions in China live in caves and love it (<prog OFF> this reminds me of a quote I heard about why soccer is so popular around the world - it's like saying dirt is more popular than gold since more people have access to it <prog ON>).

Now mind you, these aren't the ancient dwellings of our proud (and environmentally-conscious) ancestors - these are modern, hip abodes. Some even have running water! So let's fire up the research presses and start printing new insights into how marvelous caves are! I call on government grants to fund this research for the good of all.

(As an added bonus, think of all the shovel-ready jobs that will be created digging them)

We at the cube are ahead of the curve on this cave living (as usual).
Source Archive

Looks nice. Who's that with you? She looks familiar...

Did someone say "cave-men" and "cave-women" I have these exclusive pictures of the most notorious Cave Woman of the 21sth Century caught in the act of attempting to scuttle our efforts to protect Mother Nature from being spoiled with oil rather than adorned with algae:

But the link to the video version (from the Hystery Channel) is in that archaic wmv format.

--Peeples journalist

This idea holds great merit. Once all official permits, regulations and bribes are compensated for, we should be able to provide free housing to a few homeless comrades in each cave for less than the cost of a bullet train from Miami to Anchorage.