Barbara Cook Schools us on How to Wish Upon a Star

Things are so uncertain these days and I wanted to post an uplifting thing so you all might feel better.
Like some of you, I can’t think of anything funny or satirical. I am in such awe of those who can. They are my heroes.

So, I went to my vault of music to find something that might do the trick and I found a treasure!

Here she is:

One of the things about Barbara is that when she sings, every word or pause is filled with meaning and heart.

I’m posting this in an effort to reach your heart and let you know yours is felt.

When you hear Barbara sing, you will know that’s true. My husband, who I met here at TPC, can testify to this.

Kate Melhua (born in Georgia SSR) - Just Like Heaven

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
3/17/2022, 8:19 pm
"Mairzy Doats" Sung by Pamela Holt
Thanks for lettin' me know how much you hate my post. Her name means nothing.
I wasn't expecting this from you, Obywan.

Pamalinsky wrote:
3/17/2022, 8:28 pm

I love your post and I love old fashioned ballroom singers, and I like this one. The name has no relevance to yours.

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
3/17/2022, 8:31 pm
Pamalinsky wrote:

I love your post and I love old fashioned ballroom singers, and I like this one. The name has no relevance to yours.

Please forgive me for not getting this right, I know you like me, dear colonel, I'm just getting used to the new confuguration.

Pamalinsky wrote:
3/17/2022, 8:57 pm
Please forgive me for not getting this right, I know you like me, dear colonel, I'm just getting used to the new confuguration.

Like you? "Just Like Heaven" is my dedication to you.

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
3/17/2022, 9:00 pm
Pamalinsky wrote:

Oh my goodness, my sweet Oby, I never knew that. But, I will always take that into consideration when it comes to the truth. (all i have to do is mention you}

Pamsky, wonderful sentiment. I thought of saying some sarcastic things but decided against it.

You declared your love for me a few days ago but I don't remember us getting married.

Yes, Comrades, LOVE is in the air, every where! Now if we can breathe that loving air without a filter—that would be like the best. Every comrade deserves Fresh Air! Fresh Air is love, here at The Cube.

Fresh Air To Breathe

https://thepeoplescube.com/post232010.h ... he#p232010

with love,
’pelipsky
Russian Asset
#BR-549

Pamalinsky wrote:
3/17/2022, 9:16 pm
Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
3/17/2022, 9:00 pm
Pamalinsky wrote:

Oh my goodness, my sweet Oby, I never knew that. But, I will always take into your consideration when it comes to the truth. (all i have to do is mention you}
Please take this with the KOMaraderie in which it is intended, bbbuuttt....

https://memes.yarn.co/yarn-clip/b46430d ... cd838cd18d

E. T.!!! Comrade, Tulsi on your mind has been on ‘pelipsky’s Dizzy? mind, but Kim Jong Fun played your part. So all quotas were checked and met.

PamAlinsky, it’s nice to have your feminine side back at the kitchen tabled ideas around this place. Did you see what happened to Trashmouth at recent gala at Tractor Barn #2? It made The People’s News! Maybe, it was Wednesday’s final edition.

So many shiny things to get our minds to agitating, again. Like, Ivan has a new neon sign at Tractor Barn #2!! Sky’s the limit after something shiny like that collides into The Collective! A comrade starts doing stuff like wishing upon TPC’s collective star.

Join in anytime, comrades.
‘pelipsky

Can we get back to posting vids now? More of this sort of thing, please.

Kapitan Kangaroo Kourt wrote:
3/17/2022, 11:23 pm
Pamsky, wonderful sentiment. I thought of saying some sarcastic things but decided against it.

You declared your love for me a few days ago but I don't remember us getting married.
That's because you're a nice person who knows how to work the nice improvements and I don't.

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
3/17/2022, 8:31 pm
Pamalinsky wrote:

This one is for you, my dear friend. I believe it represents you very well.

Pamalinsky wrote:
3/19/2022, 5:44 pm
This one is for you, my dear friend. I believe it represents you very well.

That was splendid, Pamalinsky! All these years I've been hearing that song and never saw this vid. I'm adding it to my collection.
The simian drummer bears some resemblance to me in real life except I have blue eyes and sometimes hunch forward from the weight of all my medals.
On a Christmas morning when I was five, I woke up before dawn and found a drum set with my name tagged to it. My playing woke everyone in the house. I never saw those drums again. Five years later I became a drummer in the school band.

Hay, KKK, you know very well that a requirement for loyalty does not necessarily involve marriage.

jackalopelipsky wrote:
3/18/2022, 6:20 pm
E. T.!!! Comrade, Tulsi on your mind has been on ‘pelipsky’s Dizzy? mind, but Kim Jong Fun played your part. So all quotas were checked and met.

PamAlinsky, it’s nice to have your feminine side back at the kitchen tabled ideas around this place. Did you see what happened to Trashmouth at recent gala at Tractor Barn #2? It made The People’s News! Maybe, it was Wednesday’s final edition.

So many shiny things to get our minds to agitating, again. Like, Ivan has a new neon sign at Tractor Barn #2!! Sky’s the limit after something shiny like that collides into The Collective! A comrade starts doing stuff like wishing upon TPC’s collective star.

‘pelipsky
WOW! Jackie's here! Hi, Honey! Looks like this post is looking like a new meeting place for wounded warriors. I am so happy just because you all showed up

!

Pamalinsky wrote:
3/19/2022, 8:50 pm

Hay, KKK, you know very well that a requirement for loyalty does not necessarily involve marriage.

I know that Pamsky. I was merely joking with you. ;-)

3/19/2022, 10:42 pm
Pamalinsky wrote:
3/19/2022, 8:50 pm

I know that Pamsky. I was merely joking with you. ;-)

I know that too.

jackalopelipsky wrote:
3/18/2022, 6:20 pm

‘pelipsky
While I love everyone you mentioned, I am most concerned about Trashmouth. He is very modest but, I do know he appreciates my admiration of him. I do hope he wasn't harmed. Please let me know what happened. His name belies his skill and sincerity. I am one of his many fans. If this is just gossip, never mind.

Pamalinsky wrote:
Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
3/17/2022, 8:19 pm
"Mairzy Doats" Sung by Pamela Holt

"I have no idea why I said that. Seriously. Delete the above."

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
3/18/2022, 7:01 pm
Can we get back to posting vids now? More of this sort of thing, please.

I forgot to mention how much I love Diana Krall. Superb writer and singer. Excellent!

Colonel Obyezyana wrote:
3/17/2022, 8:24 pm
Kate Melhua (born in Georgia SSR) - Just Like Heaven

OMG Colonel Obyezyana,

That was so beautiful and heartfelt. I wonder if she is talking about where I was born. Here. I would welcome her here in an instant. Thank you.

Brian Ferry and Roxy Music live at the Apollo, London, 2001, with Chris Spedding and Sarah Brown.

I am not a fan of Brian Ferry simply because I didn't happen to hear much of him. I do not wish to insult you by saying this. I ain't gonna lie because I do respect you.

While I have you here I want to comment on the logo you designed for jackalopelipsy. I praised it to the hilt because it was so choice and I especially loved the "reduced to lowest terms" in your creativity. She immediately admitted that you had designed it.

When I first saw it, I didn't realize exactly what I was looking at. It reminded me of the time when I first observed the negative space of the BATMAN logo. What was it! I did not get the purpose of negative space, except I now know it's meant to fool people.  Especially pedophiles.

Knowing this, I forward you to the place I found your logo "The Department of the Posterior."
https://thepeoplescube.com/peoples-blog ... 22576.html

I remain your comrade in comraderie!

Pamalinsky wrote:
4/6/2022, 5:13 pm
While I have you here I want to comment on the logo you designed for jackalopelipsy. When I first saw it, I didn't realize exactly what I was looking at. It reminded me of the time when I first observed the negative space of the BATMAN logo. What was it! I did not get the purpose of negative space.

There was no such use of negative space in 'pelipsky's logo.

The use of negative space for the DOP logo was a bit of sarcasm: if I hadn't created the story about the figure raising arms in supplication to the Earth-Mother goddess, it would never have been naturally seen that way.

Use of negative space can be a key aspect of design—especially sculpture—and M.C, Escher was a master of it, but it is not usually intended to fool people.

Also, I don't know what you see in "the" Batman logo or which one you see it in (there have been a lot of them).

evolution-of-batman-logos.jpg